thinking of you

thinking of you

---

Lizzie had left to go hang out with her friends Brie, Letitia, and Zoe, leaving Liam behind at home. It was 7 pm, and Liam found himself alone, bored and unsure of how to spend his evening. He slouched on the couch, contemplating what he could do to make the night more exciting.

Just as Liam was about to resign himself to a quiet night of watching movies, his phone began to ring. Startled, he grabbed it and saw that it was his best friend, Clay, who was calling. Liam's face lit up with a smile as he answered the call.

"Hey, Clay! What's up?" Liam greeted his friend eagerly.

"Hey, buddy," Clay responded excitedly. "We're all heading to an arcade at the mall. Josue and Klaus are coming too. Wanna join us?"

Liam's eyes sparkled with anticipation. "Absolutely! I was just sitting here trying to figure out how to make my night more enjoyable. Count me in!"

Clay chuckled. "Great! Get ready then, my friend. We'll be waiting for you at the arcade."

Liam quickly got off the couch. He rushed to his room, changed into a comfortable pair of jeans, and threw on his favorite t-shirt. He slipped on his sneakers and grabbed his wallet and phone before rushing out of the house, excitement coursing through his veins.

As Liam arrived at the mall, he immediately spotted Clay, standing by the entrance of the arcade, waiting for him. Josue and Klaus, two of their closest friends, were accompanying Clay, talking animatedly about the games they hoped to play that night.

"Liam!" Clay called out, waving his hand to get Liam's attention. "Glad you could make it!"

Liam grinned back at his friend. "Wouldn't miss it for the world, Clay!"

The four friends entered the arcade together, their laughter filling the air. The arcade was a haven of flashing lights, vibrant colors, and the cacophony of arcade machines buzzing and beeping, creating an atmosphere that crackled with energy.

They enthusiastically roamed around, examining various games and deciding where to start their adventure. Liam's eyes landed on a racing game, complete with steering wheels and motion sensors. He excitedly motioned his friends over.

"Hey, guys! How about we start with this racing game?" Liam suggested, pointing at the thrilling set-up.

Clay and the others nodded, intrigued by the idea. They all climbed into the racing simulators, gripping the steering wheels with anticipation. The screen came to life, immersing them in a thrilling race against one another. The room seemed to burst with excitement and friendly competition as they laughed and cheered each other on.

After the exhilarating race, the group moved to a shooting game, where they battled hordes of virtual enemies. They strategized, ducked, and dodged incoming projectiles, their camaraderie building with each successful level they cleared.

Time flew by as they immersed themselves in one game after another. They tried basketball shootouts, classic arcade games like Pac-Man and Space Invaders, and even a virtual reality experience that left them breathless.

As the night drew to a close, the friends found themselves congregating around a claw machine, determined to win plush toys as mementos of their incredible night. Their laughter and banter filled the air, blending seamlessly with the arcade's bustling atmosphere.

Finally, after a series of attempts and near misses, Josue managed to successfully snatch a fluffy teddy bear. The group erupted in cheers, celebrating their collective victory.