supermarket flowers

supermarket flowers

-------------------

Liam's POV

It has been roughly two weeks since Lizzie had to attend interviews across LA. I miss her so god damn much. I wanna go fly out there to see her, but i would just get a smack on the back of my head. My apartment feels so empty without her presence. Her joyful, stress-free aura and vibe always makes my dull apartment light up. It's like she's a walking lamp. Crazy how she dosen't know that. For two weeks, i always come home to an empty and dull atmosphere. It's like a part of me is missing.

Disregard the distance between us, we managed to keep in contact via social media or whatsoever in certain circumstances. We both make some time out of our breaks and give eachother a call. It's truly amazing how she can keep up on making time for me, despite her hectic interview schedule. I wonder how the casts' partners deal with it.

Just like the past two weeks, i came home to an empty apartment. No lights on. No scent of food. No nothing.

Nada.

With my routine consisting of basically working my ass off every day, it's really hard to keep up with others.

Liam watched Lizzie pack her bags for her trip out of LA, feeling a pang of envy. As an actress, Lizzie's career often took her on extended stays across the country and sometimes even across the world. Liam, on the other hand, was the drummer of a small band, and their gigs were limited to the local venues around LA.

"It's only for a week or two," Lizzie said, pausing to kiss Liam on the forehead before turning to leave. "I'll be back before you know it."

Liam smiled, but the anxiety of being alone for the next few days weighed heavily on his mind. He'd been so used to Lizzie's presence in his life that being separated from her even for a short period seemed unnatural. He decided he would keep himself busy and not dwell on the isolation.

I found myself in a cleaning frenzy. I arranged boxes and rearranged furniture, trying to find something to occupy my time. Late in the afternoon, I found a dusty old box in the corner of my closet and pulled it out. As i dusted it off, my eyes widened in recognition. It was a box of my childhood.

I sniggered as i delved into the box, pulling out a series of toys i'd outgrown years ago and, even in my teens, felt embarrassed for owning. I found action figures of Marvel characters, my old Nintendo Switch, and my favorite childhood book, "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer." Next to them was a crinkled photo of me in a tiny badminton uniform from a club.

As i rummaged through the box, each item brought back memories of my childhood. The time i hit my first proper smash in a tournament, the time i received my first bicycle from my grandfather, and the time i started high school and felt like i had to start my life anew after my parents' divorce.

I came across a dusted and clearly unwashed teddy bear. I shook it to get atleast an adequate amount of dust off. I noticed a small button under the left leg, and 'Liam' traced on the right leg. I pressed the button, 'Don't grow much, bud! Pops loves you!'. A load of memories comes tumbling down my brain as i remembered. My grandpa was a soldier, he gave me this teddy bear to atleast cheer me up whenever he's gone for a tour.

In that moment, I realized how much i had changed in just a few short years. I had gone from being a kid with a bright future to a young man struggling to make ends meet in LA. It wasn't that i wasn't happy with my current life, but my nostalgic trip had made me realize how much i had lost over the years.

I continued to wallow in self-pity, rummaging through the box when the doorbell rang. Putting down my treasures, i walked over to the door to find a delivery man with a large package. It was a surprise gift from Lizzie on her trip. I opened the package with excitement and revealed a brand new drum kit. As i set it up, i felt a rush of energy.

I started playing an impromptu drum beat, the sound echoing throughout the apartment, filling the once-empty space. As he continued to play, i felt a weight lifted off his shoulders. This was my talent, my passion, and everything i had been working towards for years. I was a musician. Just because my gigs were limited didn't mean i couldn't keep practicing and doing what i loved.

I knew that me and Lizzie were meant to be together, but i also realized that i needed my own time to grow and develop my craft. I'd always been afraid to embrace my inner self, scared that i might lose myself in the process, but now i understood that it was essential to maintain individuality in any relationship.

--

i mean i tried to finish off this chapter with a bit of a lesson

- levi