flashlight

flashlight

-------------------

It was an easy afternoon for the couple, although there were some online interviews Lizzie had to attend. Liam was sat at a countertop, fiddling with the strings of his guitar.

His hands hover above the six strings of the wooden thing. He carefully listens to Lizzie's interview also while making a random pattern.

I got all I need when I got you and I
I look around me, and see a sweet life
I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight

You're getting me, getting me through the night
Kick start my heart when you shine it in my eyes
Can't lie, it's a sweet life
I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight

You're getting me, getting me through the night
'Cause you're my flashlight (flashlight)
You're my flashlight (flashlight)

He sang quietly, not wanting to disturb Lizzie. But as he glanced at her, she just flashed him a smile before diverting her full attention to the session. Liam smiled to himself before bobbing his head sidewards and setting the guitar aside.

Liam got up from the counter, on his way to get himself a glass of water. But he was soon met by Lizzie who was thinking of doing the same thing.

"Is the interview finished?" Liam asked as Lizzie shook her head no.

"I'm just gonna grab a glas of water."

"When will you finish?" Liam hugs her from behind and starts pampering her with kisses. From the neck, jawline and to her cheeks.

"Soon."

Liam found himself laying on their bed, surfacing on instagram. Whilst Lizzie, completely eager for the interview to end.

Liam's eyes was completely glued to the screen as his left thumb continues scrolling. He observed as he witnessed content about society.

He wasen't that much of a social media fan, but he insisted anyway.

Fast forward, it's now 6:53 pm.

As Liam reclined on the bed, he lay on his side and replicated the posture he had assumed an hour earlier.

A sudden disruption in the silence ensued as the sound of the door creaking open startled him.

To his surprise, he beheld a haggard-looking Lizzie moving towards him. He opened up his arms to welcome her and she snuggled up to him.

"How did the interview go?" Liam asked, taking care to tuck away her curly locks.

"It went well," Lizzie replied.

"Are you feeling exhausted?" Liam asked.

"Hungry," Lizzie replied instead.

"Okay. So what's on the menu?" Liam asked, while tracing patterns on Lizzie's back.

"Thai food," Lizzie replied.

"That sounds great," Liam agreed.

"Do you feel like getting up or should I order in?" Liam asked her, sensing her weariness.

"Can you order, please? I would like to stay here for a bit longer," Lizzie requested.

"Sure," Liam replied before grabbing his phone from the nightstand and ordering their meal.

Liam let out a contented sigh as he placed the phone back on the side table. The order was finally done and their dinner would be arriving soon. He turned to Lizzie, who was already snuggled under the blanket with a book in her hand.

"Thai food will be here in a few minutes," Liam said.

Lizzie looked up, a smile spreading across her face. "I can't wait!" she exclaimed, putting the book aside.

Liam crawled into the couch next to her, wrapping his arm around her. They snuggled closer as they waited for their food to arrive. Finally, the doorbell rang.

Liam jumped up excitedly and rushed to the door. He opened it to see a delivery man with their food. Liam grabbed the bags and paid the man before bringing the food to the kitchen.

They set up the plates on their coffee table and began to eat, savoring the delicious Thai flavors. Liam could see the happiness on Lizzie's face as she ate her favorite dish. They talked about their day and joked around while enjoying their meal together.

Once they were done eating, Lizzie suggested they watch a movie. They settled on the couch, snuggled together under a blanket as they scrolled through Netflix.

After a few minutes, Liam found a movie and hit play. They cuddled closely as they laughed and cried at the appropriate moments. The night was peaceful and perfect. They shared sweet kisses in between scenes.

As the movie ended, Liam looked over at Lizzie, who had fallen asleep during the last few minutes. He smiled and pulled her closer, resting his head on top of hers.

Liam closed his eyes, feeling content and grateful for Lizzie's presence in his life.