in my dreams

in my dreams

---

Lizzie's POV

Recently, Liam has been sticking to me like glue, and I have just let him be. It's amazing how the outside world sees him as a dominant being, while with me he's as obedient as a puppy.

Every time he walks into the room and sees me engrossed in a movie or some random task, he snuggles up against me. It's happening right now, as I'm skimming through my Instagram feed and he enters the room. I don't make an effort to look at him, and before I know it, he places his head on my lap and snuggles up against my stomach. I can't resist playing with his soft hair while doing what I was doing on my phone.

"Got nothing on your plate today?" I ask him, touching his messy hair while fixing it.

"Nope," he replies, lazily. I refocus my attention on the phone while still caressing his hair.

"Have you ever tried watching Attack on Titan, or any anime show?" he eagerly asks me with a sparkle in his eyes.

"Umm, no, why?" I ask him back.

"Wow, time to introduce you to the world of anime!" he exclaims with a cheeky smile on his face while grabbing the remote.

I rest my head on the headboard while he leans on me. He opens Netflix and navigates to the anime section. I can see he's excited about picking a show, as his left hand shakes while pressing the button. "Here, let's go for S1 E15," he says while pointing to the TV.

The episode starts and I rest my head on his shoulder. I don't pay much attention to the show; instead, I glance at Liam. I can see his eyes sparkling with enthusiasm while he watches the show.

As with all good things, the moment doesn't last long. Liam's phone starts ringing, and he ignores it at first. The next ring, I give him a cold glare, and he finally picks it up. He groans and gets up from the bed heading towards the table to answer the call, leaving his phone resting on his ear.

I don't follow him outside for some privacy, knowing he values pursuing his dream of becoming a musician. Liam had shown the significance of music in his life during our crazy car rides.

Now left alone, I decide to give the show my full attention. Although I had seen a few edits of it, I've never watched the show properly before. Liam talks about it frequently, even though I don't always understand what he's saying.

One of his current struggles is his constant overworking. Liam left a few minutes ago and hasn't returned yet. As he walked back in, my negative thoughts disappeared. He threw his phone onto the bed and headed for the closet.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, knocking on the open closet door.

"No. These idiots can't attend a meeting without me." Liam grabbed a formal suit. "I apologize, but I have to go to this."

"No worries. I understand how significant your job is." I smiled reassuringly. "What's the meeting about?"

"An investor wants to collaborate with us. Monroe initially said they didn't need me, but Harry called me in." He finished adjusting his blazer.

"Do you mind if I help with your tie?" I laughed as he pointed to his tie.

"When will you be back?" I inquired.

"I can't promise." He looked at me with sadness. "It's okay. I'll have dinner ready for you when you arrive." I gently tapped his chest to signal that I had finished.

"Thank you," he said softly before grabbing his bag and heading out of the house. I watched as he drove away.

Liam's POV