what if i said i'm sorry

---

Lizzie's POV

I almost didn't wanna believe it. I mean, how could i? What's the point of ruining what we had for a fling? Reasoning that it was because he was drunk makes no absolute point at all.

He should have been more responsible. I thought things were going great for us. Amazing, actually. I thought that our happy ending was just a few steps away from where we are, but i was wrong. I felt my whole world burn to ashes the moment i saw them. I'm the one to blame here. How could i trust him?

I was so distracted by the two of us, that i didn't even pay any attention to Scarlett. The fact that he didn't try to argue with me, it hurts seeing him this way. It hurts knowing that i gave him my all and everything i had just to get a glimpse of the future we both described. I was not enough. I never was. First Robbie, now him? What's so wrong with me?

It has been weeks since we were done, but it felt like a whole lifetime. I couldn't get my body to venture outside of my apartment. I didn't want to let the world know how broken i am. I haven't gotten an adequate amount of sleep. If i try to sleep, i would wake up from a nightmare. All the time. I obviously can't stop blaming myself for everything. What else was the reason that he went out and fucked another woman if it wasen't for me choosing work over him?

Maybe it's something about me. Maybe it's because i didn't love him enough. Maybe it's because i didn't do enough. If he left so easily, then the fault must lie on me. Won't it?

I have completely neglected the outside world and its natures. I ignored every message and every call i receive from people, asking if i was okay and why i barely speak nowadays. I know a person i can rely on, but it felt like i was just going to pour all of my problems for him to catch.

I almost felt bad for neglecting work aswell. Alcohol has been my sideline friend ever since. I would get drunk, sleep, and wake up from a nightmare. I never expected life to be so hard. Harder than what i thought it would be. I thought it was just live, learn, love, die. That's it. But i was wrong. Every single factor in life was the opposite of the way i first looked at it.

I know that alcohol won't fix anything that was broken, but it helps me keep my mind off of the pain that he caused in me. I thought that fortune and misfortune comes in turns. But where is the fortune? Reality hits me harder than how i see it. Life truly is unfair. Smoking, one of the things i rely on nowadays. The smoke i exhale is equivalent to the pain he caused in me.

It helps me keep my mind off of things i don't ever wanna think off. But sometimes, i stare at the oblivion of my ceiling, thinking of the posibble things that made him do that. It seems fair aswell, i understand that he used to be in my situation. But it dosen't make a positive reason for him to do the same.

Scarlett cheated on him. Now i know why.

Unlike any other day, i woke up feeling some type of energetic boost. I did not experience any nightmares last night, it's a good thing, isn't it?

I stumbled my path towards the bathroom as i looked at myself in the mirror. Observing how i have been so careless since that day. I took a fast bath, taking in every emotion i expressed and will eventually express.

I swiftly got out of the shower, wore an outfit and grabbed my keys from the bowl. It took me a minute to stare at the letter i wrote that i never gave to Liam.

I went to my car, on my way to a place i knew would keep my mind at ease. Even if it means a such little time. The drive there was quiet. Too quiet. The silence was deafening. I couldn't take it.

I took a quick breath before exiting the vehicle and made my way up the mountain. Every single step was equivalent to the memories we made in this exact area. How we constantly teased eachother, shared kisses every minute, enjoyed eachother's presence. How was that so hard to ask for?

I observed the nature of the world i have been neglecting all these weeks, the water running down the waterfall effortlessly, the green grass that i surely need to touch, the trees and its leaves falling gently.

"Babe, No!" Liam yelped as Lizzie pushed him on the waterfall. "Babe..." Liam threatened, making his way towards Lizzie with a mischievious grin.

"Babe i swear, i don't have extra clothes!" Lizzie informed him as he ignored her and proceeded doing what he planned to do. "And so did i."

Liam got up from the water and chased Lizzie down. The kids at heart they are, they giggled along the way. Liam tackled Lizzie and jumped in the waterfall with her in his arms. Lizzie was too stunned to speak.

Liam stared at her with a mischievous grin, waiting for her next move. But the thing Lizzie did was swim over to Liam and pressed her lips onto his into a soft, gentle kiss they never knew they needed.

My smile faltered more than slightly as she was reminded the memories we created just by the waterfall that i was passing by. The further i ventured into the mountain, the thinner the air became. And i am sure that it's not because of how high the mountain was, it wad because of how much memories came tumbling down.

As i reached the very top. I saw a familiar man standing peacefully, looking at the sky as the sun settled down. I couldn't breath. It was like a knife was stabbing me continiously.

But i knew that what i am about to do is for the sake of my ease. "Liam." I spoke, presenting my presence. He looked over at me, and i couldn't even dare to look at him. But i knew i had to.

I walked closer to him, but he did not move a step.

"I wanted to give you this." I said as i extended my hand with the letter and the necklace in my grasp.

He took the letter, but not the necklace. "Do whatever you want with it. Throw it away, sell it, break it, it's up to you." He spoke coldly, but with a drop of guidance in his tone.

As i was about to say something, his phone rang frantically. "I have to go." Was the last words i heard from him before he ran over to his motorcycle.

I looked back as he descended into the mountain, disappearing from my sight. The charming blue eyes that i once fell inlove with, was now gazing at another.

With that final glance, a conclusion fell on both of their minds. It all started with a decision, but ended with a choice.

...

final chapter. thank you for bearing with me. until we meet again!
(check the next chapter pls)