beautiful scars

beautiful scars

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lizzie's POV

Throughout the day, Liam and I spent our time watching Netflix and enjoying each other's company. For me, physical touch is a significant aspect of my love language, so being close to him feels like a missing piece of myself. Without Liam, my life would lose all its joy.

Although, Liam's recent Taekwondo session has left him injured, causing me to keep some distance. I understand his loss, since he hasn't been acting like himself since the Scarlett incident.

However, I still allow him to find ways in which we can be close, since I give my consent. We both find comfort in the usual gesture of me laying my head on his chest while he wraps his arm around me.

Although he may not be aware of this, his unawareness of his own comfort towards me is endearing.

Eventually, the day came to a close, and Liam and I snuggled up in bed. I laid my head on his chest, listening to the rhythm of his heart, which was music to my ears. Liam spooned me, and it warmed my heart. I couldn't imagine being more content.

"Is there anything you need to do tomorrow?" Liam whispered softly, holding my hand and slipping his fingers in between mine.

"No," I replied, gripping his hand tighter.

"Great. We can watch movies like we usually do," he chuckled, bringing a smile to my face.

"That's all I could ever want," I replied, feeling his hand squeeze mine gently.

I love how something as simple as holding hands makes Liam appreciate our relationship even more. As I leaned in and gave him a soft, tender kiss, it's as if we both realized that we needed this. We didn't need words to express our love for each other.

---

Upon waking up, Lizzie discovered herself snuggled tightly in Liam's embrace and it seemed almost insurmountable to wriggle free from their intertwined spooned position.

Despite this, Lizzie was still ecstatic to feel the bond between her and Liam. She paused for a moment to tune in to the rhythm of his heartbeat, interpreting it as a meaningful melody.

Suddenly, a soft groan caught her attention, prompting her to look up and witness Liam gazing at her lovingly.

"Good morning," Lizzie murmured. Liam queried her, "How did you sleep?"

"I slept like a baby, especially with you by my side." Lizzie replied with a smile, glancing at him affectionately.

Liam glanced at the nightstand and asked, "What time is it?" Lizzie instinctively grabbed her phone and glanced at the screen. However, it took her a moment to adjust to the brightness of the screen before she could process the time.

"It's 9:37," Lizzie informed him. Liam recommended, "Why don't we stay in bed for a while?"

Lizzie chuckled softly, responding "Darling, I have to prepare dinner. Now please let go." She gave his lips a quick peck before getting up and proceeding to follow her usual morning routine.

Once she finished, she headed to the kitchen to fix breakfast while Liam drifted back to sleep.

She collected all the necessary ingredients for cooking waffles before proceeding to cook.

For Lizzie, cooking was a way to evade reality and its misfortunes. Not only that, it was also one of her favorite activities to do, along with pottery and gardening.

As she was preparing breakfast, she sensed footsteps approaching from the staircase. She felt relieved that Liam finally decided to get up and not be gloomy. Liam walked over and poured himself a mug of coffee.

It did not take long until she served Liam his meal. Beside Lizzie's phone, he was gazing at something beside Lizzie's phone that caught his attention.

"Hey babe, what's that?" he asked, gesturing towards the item.

"It's lip gloss, darling." Lizzie replied with a smile.

Liam seemed puzzled. "What does it do?" he questioned.

"It hydrates my lips," Lizzie explained.

Lizzy noticed Liam's confused expression so she took the initiative to show him how the gloss worked. She applied the lip gloss to her lips and puckered, demonstrating how it made her lips shiny and moisturized.

"Ah, I see." Liam said as he took the lip gloss from her. He examined it for a moment before asking, "Does it have different flavors?"

"Yes, plenty," Lizzie answered.

Liam inspected the lip gloss again. "What flavor is this one? There's no label on the stick." he asked, to which Lizzie simply kissed him.

"Now lick your lips." Liam was caught off guard, but followed her instructions to lick his lips.

"Waffle... no, that's what I ate for breakfast," Liam mumbled, confused.

Once more, Liam licked his lips, this time taking more care to notice the flavor. "Raspberry?" he guessed.

Lizzie corrected him. "Almost. It's strawberry," she revealed with a smile.

"Why did it take me a while to tell?" Liam asked, feeling a bit foolish.

"I have no idea," Lizzie replied with a laugh.

With easy conversation, Lizzie and Liam continued with their breakfast, chatting about their hobbies and interests.

With the rest of the day off, their plan was to spend the day lounging on the couch watching movies together.

They savoured the opportunity to spend their day off in each other's company, rather than talking about work with their colleagues.

...

do ya'll watch Attack on Titan?