shape of you

shape of you

-------------------

Liam's POV

In the morning, my mind was solely occupied by thoughts of her. Contemplating and yearning for a reality where everything was merely a dreadful illusion. However, that was not the case, and it never will be. Perched on my bed, I remained wide awake, fixated on the void and darkness that encompassed the ceiling.

The turmoil of my emotions at this moment is causing a throbbing headache. In an attempt to alleviate the pain, I shut my eyes, but it proved futile. Tears began to flow uncontrollably, with no one to cling to for solace. There was no one to confide in, no one to lend an ear.

Frustrated, I assumed a seated position, vigorously rubbing my face. I've spent countless nights shedding tears, hoping it was all just a nightmare. Yet, each morning greets me with nothing but a haunting silence.

I am also reminded that Scarlett will soon arrive, along with the Masquerade Party that is scheduled for the upcoming two months. Robert, Robert Downey JR, a dear friend I met at the Met Gala years ago, kindly extended an invitation for the event, which I gladly accepted.

Now, I find myself contemplating whether I should cancel my plans or put on a brave face and smile through the anguish, fully aware that she will be present.

Lost in thought, my gaze continues to linger on the ceiling, my mind wandering elsewhere. I have no other productive pursuits in my life, so I remain seated in a desolate corner, sobbing my heart out, the only choice I have.

Our conversations have become scarce. I know she expects me to initiate contact, but I lack the courage to do so. We have never truly addressed our situation, leaving both of us emotionally distant. I understand that clear communication is vital, but sometimes, it proves insufficient.

Engaging in my usual hobbies no longer holds any appeal. I do not consider them as such anymore. I recognize that I have changed, and it is all because of Scarlett. I used to be that carefree, beloved musician whom everyone adored. But let it be known, he no longer exists.

I cannot embody the person I once was when I have transformed into someone else entirely, an unknown individual. In recent days, I have immersed myself in work, denying myself any respite. It did not seem necessary to me in those moments.

It is clear that attaining everything one desires is never an easy feat. One must endure countless hardships and both physical and mental pain. Though disconcerting, it feels right. Every day, I awaken to silence and an empty space beside me. I hold on to the hope that someday,

i have to wake up to silence, to the emptiness beside me. I hope that one day, i'd see atleast one glimpse of us.

But at the end of the day, there's really nothing i could ever do about this. Changing the past won't change the future. You do really have to face everything that happened without no redo's or undo's. It's something you call reality, it's something people don't wanna face. They simply want do-overs, but you really can't. That's reality. It hurts you, but you really just have to go through pain.

Throughout everything i've been through, it's only to realize that, let's just face it. Life is unfair. It's unbalanced. It's cheating us out of this world. We could never relate to pain this much. There's colors, promises that you simply can't keep. How to be brave? How can i love if i'm afraid? I just don't know.

Millions of questions flooding my head was enough to cause me to break down. I have loved her for what? Nothing. It was all simply for nothing. After everything i've done for her, getting treated like a second option was everything she could give me. Every breath, every hour that passed, i'm slowly regretting.