thunder

thunder

-------------------

Liam had just finished a long day of recording with his band. As they were packing up, he received a call from his agent, who informed him that an author was interested in writing a book about the band.

Liam was hesitant at first, but he decided to meet with the author in his office to hear him out. As he entered the room, he was immediately struck by how cluttered and disorganized the space was.

The author, a middle-aged man with wire-rimmed glasses and a thick beard, greeted Liam effusively and began to spin out a series of ideas for the book.

"Considering that we are willing to pay a fair amount. This book would be a great hit, considering that you guys are one of the most famous bands in the world."

Liam listened politely, but he could feel his frustration growing as the author talked.

Finally, he interrupted him. "Look, I appreciate your interest in the band, but I don't think this is going to work. We're not interested in having a book written about us."

The author's face fell. "But why not? You guys are one of the most popular bands in the country right now. A book could be a great way to connect with your fans, to share your story with them."

Liam shook his head. "I understand where you're coming from, but I just think that's not what we want right now. Maybe someday down the road, but not right now. With all due respect, it's a no."

"Sir, please reconsider that we are willing to pay a-"

"No! What makes you think that i can change my answer? We have our own personal lives and if we were to tell our story, we would do it ourselves." Liam raised his voice on him, feeling a sudden urge of irritation and frustration flow in his veins.

The author tried to argue with Liam, but he could tell that it was no use. Liam had made up his mind. He stood up and stormed out of the office, leaving the author speechless.

After the meeting, Liam got into his car and drove home to Lizzie's apartment. As he drove, he tried to shake off the anger he was feeling, but it continued to eat away at him.

During the drive, Liam was caught by sudden surprise by a car who suddenly drove across him during a red light. Liam swiftly kicked the breaks, banging his head harshly on the steering wheel. He hissed in pain, placing a hand on top of what was hit. He looked at his hand to see red dripping liquid. "Oh fuck. Lizzie's gonna kill me."

"Liam!" Lizzie rushed out of the room and into the hallway, where Liam was taking off his shoes.

"Lizzie, hey," Liam said, looking visibly upset.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Lizzie noticed a cut on his forehead, which was bleeding slightly.

"I'm fine. Just bumped into something. Don't worry about it," Liam said, trying to downplay the cut. But Lizzie knew he was lying.

"Liam, please tell me what happened. Are you upset about the author's book?"

Liam sighed heavily, looking exhausted. "Yes, Lizzie, I am. That man has no right to write about our personal lives and our struggles. He has no idea what we've been through, and he wants to turn it into some fiction book for his own profit."

"Oh, Liam, I'm so sorry," Lizzie said, taking his hand. "But you know you don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with. You can tell the author you're not interested, and that's the end of it."

"I know, but I hate the thought of someone getting rich off of our stories. It feels like betrayal," Liam said, his voice shaking with anger.

Lizzie could see how hurt Liam was. She knew he poured his heart and soul into his music and his band, and he didn't want someone else to profit off of it.

"Let's sit down and talk about it," Lizzie said, leading Liam to the living room. She sat him down on the couch and fetched some disinfectant and a band-aid to clean up his cut.

As she tended to his wound, Lizzie listened as Liam poured out his heart. He told her about his conversation with the author, how he felt the man was only interested in gossip and sensationalizing their struggles. Liam didn't want that kind of attention on his band or on him.

Lizzie held Liam's hand, hoping to comfort him. "I understand how you feel, Liam. But you have to remember that not everyone will have the same values as you. Some people will only see the dollar signs and not care about the damage they're causing. But you can't let that control you."

Liam nodded, but Lizzie could see that he was still upset. She knew that he needed some time to process things and figure out what he wanted to do next.

Liam felt a wave of gratitude wash over him. He knew that he was lucky to have Lizzie in his life, that she was always there for him, no matter what.

...

fluff until the angst train starts 👌