winter things

winter things

---

Lizzie awoke to the sound of the fire crackling in the fireplace and the sweet scent of cinnamon wafting from the kitchen. It was Christmas morning and she couldn't wait to wake up Liam and start the day's festivities.

She slipped out of bed and tiptoed to the kitchen, where Liam was already bustling about, cooking up a storm. His blue flannel pyjamas matched his sleepy face, but his eyes twinkled with excitement as he heard Lizzie approach.

"Merry Christmas, darling," he said as he handed her a steaming cup of coffee.

"Merry Christmas to you, too." Lizzie took a sip of the hot coffee and breathed in the delicious aroma of cinnamon and cloves. "What are you making?"

"French toast," Liam replied with a grin. "It's my specialty."

Together they whipped up a batch of French toast, savoring the sweet and savory flavors of the dish. Lizzie added a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top, and Liam drizzled maple syrup over his.

They ate their breakfast in bliss, sipping coffee and chatting about their plans for the day. They had a full day ahead of them. Visiting family, opening presents, and feasting on a Christmas feast.

After breakfast, they headed to the living room and dug into their stockings. Lizzie was delighted to find a small box wrapped in green and red paper, and she eagerly tore it open to find a beautiful matching ring inscribed with an elegant "E."

"Liam, it's gorgeous," Lizzie exclaimed, slipping the ring onto her finger. "Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome," Liam replied, his own eyes sparkling. "I wanted you to have something special to wear to our Christmas celebrations."

Lizzie smiled and leaned in for a kiss, and Liam wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close.

After exchanging their stockings, they moved on to their wrapped gifts. Lizzie watched eagerly as Liam tore into the package she had wrapped so carefully, revealing a beautiful dark green wood guitar.

"Lizzie, this is amazing," Liam said, running his hands over the smooth wood surface. "And you even had our initials carved into it."

"It's nothing compared to your ring," Lizzie said, a little self-consciously. "But I wanted you to have something that you could play and enjoy for years to come."

Liam grinned and pulled her in for a hug. "Thank you, Lizzie. This is the perfect Christmas gift."

As they packed up their gifts and headed out for the day's festivities, Lizzie felt a deep sense of warmth and joy in her heart. She knew that she and Liam had a bright future ahead of them. Together, they could conquer anything life threw their way.

As they arrived at Lizzie's family house, they knocked gently and was welcomed by Jarnette. Lizzie was the first to get in, followed by Liam, who was carrying loads of wrapped up gifts.

Regardless of the presence of dogs, they extended greetings to everyone present at that place. Courtney took the initiative and engaged in a lengthy conversation with Liam, showcasing her newly acquired skills on the guitar and the songs she could play. Furthermore, she had mastered the fingerstyle technique, which filled Liam with immense pride.

The fruits of his teachings over the past few weeks had finally materialized. Together, they played in perfect harmony, producing chords that resonated through the air. The onlookers watched in sheer admiration as Courtney and Liam strummed away.

Naturally, no Christmas celebration would be complete without a delightful feast. Jarnette beckoned everyone to gather around the dinner table, and they offered their gratitude.

It didn't take long before everyone eagerly dived into their plates, engaging in nostalgic conversations about their childhood. They shared their unique traditions and recounted their usual Christmas activities.

Although Liam had been part of the family for many years, he felt an undeniable sense of belonging during this intimate gathering. He couldn't help but yearn for the olden times, which were vastly different from the current generation.

They spent the day visiting family, catching up on old times, and enjoying plenty of delicious holiday food. Liam strummed the new guitar, filling the room with sweet melodies, and Lizzie showed off her new ring to everyone who asked.

As the night grew stronger, they eventually had to bid their goodbyes and headed home. But Liam was a bit self-aware and made an unusual turn. When Liam parked, Lizzie noticed that he layed on a park. She was confused at first, but she gave it a shot.

They both got off of the car and headed futher into the park. It was 11pm, so nobody would be here. "You're probably wondering why we're here." Liam sat down on one of the benches and patted the spot beside him.

"Why are we here?" Lizzie repeated as she sat down beside him. Liam chose to sit down on the one facing the moon.

"Well." He started. "When i was 8, my aunt died. It was on christmas too, which is today." He sighed

"She told me to look at the moon every christmas night. And ever since, that's what i did. I would always talk to the moon, and imagine that it was my Aunt who's answering me." He spoke as Lizzie listened carefully.

"My comfort for your loss. I'm sure she's in a beautiful place now." She smiled at him. "I always wanted to see what heaven looked like. People say it's a place where you will have eternal life." Liam looked up at the moon.

"It sounds perfect."

"It is perfect. Mum always tells me that doing good deeds is equivalent to bricks that builds your house in heaven." He chuckled.

She looked over her shoulder, "Your mum is very wise.". "She is. Indeed."

As the night wore on, they grew more and more tired, and eventually, their heads dropped and they dozed off to sleep. But before they drifted off completely, Lizzie put her hand in Liam's and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Thank you for the perfect Christmas," she whispered.

"Thank you for being a part of it," Liam murmured back, pulling her closer.

In the glow of the Christmas lights, they fell asleep, content in the knowledge that they had each other now and always.

---

@leeyum_wfld

811,927 likes

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

811,927 likes

leeyum_wfld

mi vida ❤️

5,183 comments

@elizabetholsenofficial te amo ❤️

- @leeyum_wfld te quiero más

@liamsbitch that should be me beside him 😭

@chrisevans merry christmas you guys :)