chance on faith

chance on faith

-------------------

Liam's POV

In deep thought, i didn't even realize my phone kept buzzing nonstop.

Buzz...

Buzz...

Buzz...

I looked at my phone as Lizzie's contact name kept flashing in and out, back and fourth. I smiled and situated myself in a seated position before i answered.

L: Hi sweetheart! How are you?

L: Hi Lizzie! I'm good, glad you asked. I assume you're finished with interviews for the day?

L: I wish. There's one more until i'm done for the day, then i have an interview tomorrow.

L: Awh, well that calls for me too. I'm on break right now just 15 minutes then we go back for practice, and my hands are pure red since i gripped the drum sticks too hard. Can't overdo, i guess.

L: Hmm, how did the practice go then?

L: Good, wait no, average. I don't know.

Lizzie laughter was music to my ears. I didn't know how much i missed it. I would be pleased to hear it til' the end of my life. I mean it.

Hopefully.

L: You're cute when you ramble.

I furrowed my eyes in confusion. Did i just ramble?

L: Is that a compliment?

L: You wish. Joke. Yes, it is.

I'm so grateful that she can't see me right now. My cheeks are burning red naturally. She knows her effect on me. I guess i never learned how to take a compliment.

L: You still with me, Liam?

L: Uh yeah. Ok, so when are you coming back? Exactly?

L: Not sure, but it's this week for sure.

L: Alright. Well, i have to go back to band practice, bub. I love you.

L: Love you too! Goodluck!

L: Likewise. You too, Olsen.

I ended the call with a huge smile forming on my delicate lips. It's like the call is what i needed all day. It would have been much better if she was here. Even so, we still atleast manage to make calls despite both of our hectic schedule.

The rest of my day, on my perspective atleast consists of basically band practice and small breaks i use to call Lizzie, then Tom if not. I pulled up at my apartment, rummaging through my pockets. I placed the key inside the keyhole and was instantly met by the dull atmosphere of my apartment. It's been the same for the past two weeks.

As soon as i entered, i heat up my food while i opened my laptop. Ever since Lizzie left for interviews, i have been more focused on football training. Lizzie was too anxious because i would naturally come home filled with bruises. She kept telling me how i should take it easy on myself. Such a mom.

When the day finally came to a close, i immediately rang Lizzie's phone, eager to hear her voice.

Buzz...

Buzz...

Buzz...

Lizzie's POV

I was broken out of my thoughts as my phone rang perpetually. A wide smile formed on my lips as i saw Liam's name invade my screen. I didn't hesitate to answer it.