flutter

flutter

-------------------

Liam finished up his work early on Friday afternoon so he could pick up his niece and nephew from school. He hadn't seen them in a while and was excited to spend some time with them, even if it was just a quick trip.

As he walked up to the school gates, he could see his niece, Emma, and nephew, Max, waiting excitedly for him. They ran up to him, giggling and hugging him tightly.

"Uncle Liam, we missed you!" Emma said, her eyes sparkling with joy.

Max was a bit more reserved, but Liam could tell he was happy to see him too. "Hey, kids, how was school?" Liam asked, ruffling Max's hair.

"It was okay, but we're so glad to finally see you!" Emma said, holding Liam's hand as they walked to his car.

As they drove to the family home, Emma and Max excitedly chattered about their day at school. Liam listened with interest, happy to hear about their little triumphs and challenges.

When they arrived, Liam's mom was already in the kitchen, putting the finishing touches on a delicious homemade dinner. His sisters, Amelia and Sandra, their husbands, and his younger brother Leon were already there.

"Hey, Liam! It's so good to see you!" Amelia said, giving him a big hug.

"Hey, guys! It's good to be home," Liam said, returning the embrace.

Liam's dad was sitting in the living room, watching the news on TV. "Hey, son! It's great to see you and the little ones," he said, his eyes crinkling with a smile.

"Good to see you doing well again, dad. I've missed you, how have you been?" Liam praised and asked his father.

"It's been great, honestly. Me and your mother barely fight, all thanks to that little punk over there." Philip pointed over at Leon, as he mouthed 'What?'.

The father-son duo engaged into a smooth flowing conversation

Liam settled into the couch, the kids by his side, as his mom served up dinner. They all shared stories, laughed, and enjoyed each other's company.

"¡la cena está servida! (dinner's served!)" Their mom calls out, grabbing their attention as the family settles down on tthe dinner table. The family engages on easy conversations, happy that they were able to have atleast one dinner that consists of all of them.

"How's work treating you, Liam?" Sandra asks. "Good. I'm not so miserable anymore." Liam chuckles.

"Even though Monroe hates how i barely arrive on time at band practices."

They chuckle at Liam's remark, but is pleased that he was able to attend the family dinner despite his very busy schedule this week. Even though Liam missed 2 family dinners already.

As they finished their meal and the kids started to get tired, Liam's phone buzzed. It was his sister-in-law, letting him know she was on her way to pick up Emma and Max.

Liam said goodbye to his family, promising to come back soon and hugged Emma and Max tightly. As they walked out of the house, hand in hand, Liam felt grateful for the little moments of joy that family can bring.

He couldn't wait for the next adventure they would embark on together as a family, grateful for the reminder of the importance of taking time to spend with the ones he loved.

Liam unbolted the door, expecting to see Lizzie on the couch, but he didn't. "Lizzie?" He called out.

He recieved no response, so he repeated until he started to panic. He entered their room, just to find Lizzie all nuzzled up on a pillow. Liam's exhales as he felt relief wash over him.

He then joined her in bed, cuddling with her under the sheets. He knew that this was soemthing that he could never replace in his life.