don't blame me

don't blame me

-------------------------------------------------------------

Liam's POV

It's disheartening to feel like a backup option to Scarlett. It doesn't matter if people judge me for my supposed infidelity. For once, I've made a decision that doesn't make me feel wretched, but apparently, that makes me a jerk.

Lizzie is an exceptional woman who has always been my rock, especially during tough times. She treats me like her own, and I love her. However, I'm conflicted because I can't handle being romantically involved with my girlfriend's best friend while still having a distant relationship with Scarlett.

I'm willing to do anything to make things right with everyone involved in my complicated story. I'd sacrifice everything just to be at peace.

"Hey Liam, are you okay?" Lizzie's concerned voice brings me back to reality.

"Yeah, I'm just preoccupied with a few things." I respond, hoping to reassure her.

"Are you sure? You've zoned out several times now," she probes.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. What were you saying?" I assure her with a smile. She continues to chat about various topics, and I watch her as she talks. I can't help but marvel at her smile and the way her eyes sparkle when she speaks about her passions. I watch her intently, cherishing every aspect of her and her personality.

As Lizzie shook her head to indicate a negative response, I initiated the question, "Are you currently undertaking any projects?".

After receiving a sideways nod from her, she replied, "No, I'm taking a break."

As I cautiously swallowed, Lizzie displayed an expression of befuddlement, causing me to ask, "What's wrong? Wait, why are you tilting your head?" Her amusement at my nervousness was evident as she chuckled and replied, "Nothing."

We both indulged in a delightful conversation, discussing various topics. Afterwards, Lizzie invited me to accompany her and her friends to a nearby club. I eagerly accepted her invitation, as I was willing to go wherever she desired.

---

Arriving at the club, Lizzie went on with her friends and i went ahead and grabbed myself a whiskey. I drank a couple more until i went and look for them. She introduced me once to them, but the only person i can remember is Clay, we barely hang out but we act like total best friends.

3rd Person Pov

Liam and Lizzie had been flirting all night at the club. They danced together, laughing and joking and whispering things only meant for eachother. Liam couldn't keep his eyes off of Lizzie, admiring her beauty and the way her body moved to the music.

As the night wore on, Lizzie's friends began to leave one by one, until it was just her and Liam left. They decided to grab one last drink before calling it a night. The atmosphere was electric, and Liam couldn't help feeling that something was about to happen.

When they finished their drinks, Lizzie leaned in close and whispered in his ear, "Do you want to come back to my place?"

Liam's heart raced. It was just something about her voice that made him feel as if he was struck by lightning inside. "Sure," he replied, trying to play it cool.

They left the club and hailed a taxi. The ride to Lizzie's apartment was full of nervous excitement. Liam's mind was consumed with thoughts of what might happen once they got inside.