Disney Opportunities

Romeo

I sat on the porch and stared at my phone. I had been waiting for my agent to call for days now to tell me whether I got the part on the Disney Channel show I auditioned for. My dad was so proud of me and I hadn't officially gotten the part. I want it so bad.

All my other cousins and siblings had music and other interests. I want to act. I want to be on the big screen someday. Disney was my chance to break in to the business. I wanted the part based on my acting skill though and not who my dad is and I knew that could be the case if I got the part. I had a lot to prove with this part. It was a lot of pressure.

Just then my phone rang and my agent's number flashed on the screen. Here it was, the moment of truth.

"Hello," I answered.

"Hey Romeo are you ready to start work?" he asked.

"Does that mean I got it?" I asked, excitedly.

"Yes you got it," he said.

I screamed. My dad came out the door to see why I was screaming. I started to jump up and down on the porch. My dad took my phone from me and told me to be quiet so he could speak to my agent. All I could do was jump up and down and scream, "I got it!"

My dad walked off the porch so he could hear better. A few minutes later I had calmed down and he came back and handed me my phone. He smiled at me like he was as excited as I was that I was going to follow in his footsteps.

"We have to meet him at his office at three to discuss the details. Then we'll go to dinner just me and you to celebrate," my dad said.

I sat in the chair at my agent's office at three o'clock trying not to bounce in my seat. I was still so excited. At home when I had shared my news with Juliet, we had just bounced on her bed together. Now I had to concentrate on what my agent was saying now so I tried to focus.

"In two weeks we'll be filming on the Disney Magic cruise ship for seven days. The whole family is welcome to come. Disney will pay all the expenses." Dallas, my agent, said.

"Um...my whole family? Like all twenty four of us?" I asked.

Dallas' eyes got really big and I thought he was going fall out of his chair. "Twenty four?"

"Yeah, I'm really close to all my cousins too. They're like my brothers and sisters," I explained.

"Hold on let me check on that," he said, as he picked up his phone and put it on speaker.

"Hi Reggie, this is Dallas Williams over at AMC talent agency. I have Romeo Lynch and his father in my office. I know Disney offered to pay for the entire family to go on the cruise. Do they mean just immediate family or the whole Lynch family?"

"How many are in the entire Lynch family?" Reggie asked.

"Twenty four," my dad answered.

"Wait I have to check with my boss. Can I put you on hold a second?"

"Sure we'll wait," Dallas responded.

A few minutes later Reggie came back on to the phone. "So Ross you have formed that new band with the kids right?"

"Yeah, why?" my dad asked like he was confused. So far they were not well known. They had played a few state fairs and gigs Fender had booked for them. I wondered where he was going with this.

"If they agree to play on board the ship then Disney will pay for all twenty four of you," Reggie proposed.

"I'll have to talk to Fender about that since he's the manager."

"Okay get back to me either way before Monday and we'll set it up," Reggie said.

"Okay talk to you as soon as I speak to Fender," my dad said.

"Okay I look forward to hearing from you."

After dinner we went to Uncle Rocky's to speak to Fender. Now not only was I excited about my part in the new show I was excited for the opportunity for the band.

When my dad knocked on the door, Fender came and answered it.

"I need to speak to you about something," my dad said.

"What is it?" Fender asked him. He stepped aside so that my dad and I could come in. Fender walked over to the couch and sat down. My dad sat down in a chair next to the couch and I sat next to Fender.

"Well, Romeo got a part in this new Disney Channel show and Disney agreed to let all twenty four us of come on the cruise ship where he is filming if 4Ever and a Day can perform on the ship."

"When is it? I just booked a state fair in Tennessee on June twenty fourth," Fender said as he looked at his phone to confirm the date.

"It would be the first week in July, the 1st through the 7th," my dad explained.

"Okay well talk about it at family dinner on Sunday. When do you have to get back to them with a decision?"

"Monday," my dad told him.

"Okay then that will work out fine."

Fender

"Okay now that we are all here, I have big announcement to make," I said we sat outside by the pool at Grams and Grandad's house.

When I was sure everyone was paying attention I spoke again. "As you all know we have to begin rehearsals for the fair in Tennessee tomorrow. We also have the opportunity for a really big gig. The Disney cruise line has offered to take us all on a Disney cruise where Romeo is filming, if the band will sing on the ship."

"Really?!" Dacia asked excitedly.

"When?" Rydel asked.

"The 1st through the 7th of July," I answered.

"Well I can't go rehearsals at Julliard start that week," Riot informed us.

"Dad, can Cameron take his place?" Embry asked Uncle Ross.

"If it's okay with his parents, then yes," Uncle Ross answered.

Then it was settled. The band was performing on a Disney cruise ship.