More Than I Wanted To Ever Know

Romeo

One week into my house arrest, I got permission from my probation officer to attend my official meeting with Disney. My dad and I were silent on the way over to Reggie's office. I knew he was still really disappointed in me and it stung a little that he didn't speak to me much. Hell I was disappointed in myself. I had really fucked up.

I thought about Mabel often. I missed her smile and the way she said my name. I wish I had gotten the chance to get to know her better but that was water under the bridge now. My time to be in her life had passed briefly because I had been stupid.

We got out of the car and went into Reggie's office. My agent Dallas was already there and we all sat down at a table just like the ones we used for table readings. I fought back tears as I thought this would be the last time I would sit here in Disney.

"Okay we are all here so down to business," Reggie began.

He handed out some papers to my dad and Dallas. There were some things highlighted on the papers. I tried to read it but I couldn't make most of it out from where I sat, so I just stared off into space.

"As you can see there are a lot of clauses in this contract you have broken. No underage drinking, no arrests, no putting your life or the lives of others at risk just to name a few. It also says that if you break this contract Disney has the right to do as they see fit which can include but is not limited to termination," Reggie paused.

"Can we just get on with this shit already?" I asked.

"Romeo Shor Lynch watch your mouth!" my dad scolded me.

"Seriously what are you gonna do ground me? I'm already confided to the house," I challenged him. "What else can you fucking do to me?"

My dad sighed because he knew I was right. He had the ultimate grounding method with this damn thing on my ankle. He knew where I was every minute of the day and I still had seventeen months and three weeks of this shit.

"Anyway," Reggie said after my outburst. "Romeo you are fired from Disney Channel and will never be allowed to work for them again. You will have to pay back the $300,000 you were paid for your time on the show."

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," my dad said.

I looked at my dad and smirked. Now who was the one cussing at Reggie? I tilted my chair back on the back legs and rocked. I was bored with this. It wasn't like my dad didn't have the money. Why the hell was he so upset?

"No I am serious. You have a week to pay the money or Disney will sue you for it and with court costs it will be a substantial bit more," Reggie wasn't fazed by my dad's reaction.

"Fine I'll have the money for you later today," my dad said as we got up to leave.

At the door he turned around and looked Reggie in the eyes. "Just for the record, if you knew half the shit I did on your list of clauses I would have been in this very room with my Disney rep twenty years ago. Romeo's only problem is he got caught."

My dad was fucking badass! I wondered what he had done to break his contract when he was younger. I didn't dare ask though. He had stuck up for me in there and I didn't want to push my luck.

Sundays were the worst. Since I was confided to the house all day, I got stuck chaperoning a Cameron and Embry date while everyone else went to Uncle Riker's. I love my brother, but third wheeling it was not my idea of fun. I sat on the other end of the couch playing a game on my phone while they were supposed to be watching a movie.

I looked up from my phone and they weren't really paying attention to the movie. They obviously didn't know I was watching them because they kept kissing. It was one of those moments where all you can think is "must look away" but you just can't. I had to admit my brother's sexual orientation intrigued me.

I wondered why he was interested in boys and not girls. Girls just seemed so much better. Why would you want to touch something you already had?

"Are you enjoying the show?" Cameron asked when they realized I was staring.

"Uh...I-I don't know what to say," I stammered. "Sorry just doesn't seem to fit in this situation."

I turned back to my phone. I didn't know what else to do. I could feel both sets of eyes on me. I needed to get out of this room and quick.

"Where are you going?" I asked as they both got up.

"My room," Embry said back.

"You know dad won't like that if he comes home and finds you in there," I said, not really caring. There was nothing he could do to me, but he could ground Embry. Then I'd have someone to hang out with, so part of me wanted him to get in trouble.

"Leave the door open," I called after them as they reached the stairs.

"No," Embry said.

"Whatever, it's your funeral," I replied. "Not much else dad can do to me."

A few minutes later I went upstairs to my room. As I walked past Embry's room I heard Cameron moan Embry's name. I went straight to my room and put on my headphones. I didn't want to hear anything else!