Rydellington Sounds Like a Disease

Caroline

Last night shortly after we had been caught alone by Chapin and Montague my dad had sent me a text telling me it was time to come back to the room. We had gone back to the teen club and I left Emerson there. I went back to the room alone just in case my dad was waiting by the door.

When I had taken the cell phone last night I had no idea where to hide it until I walked on the set the next morning. Then it hit me. I'd hide it in the bedroom I'm using on the set. No one but cast and crew are allowed in there so it was perfect. Emerson and I needed time to figure out what to do with it.

I wanted to find a way to get into the cell phone and see the actual pictures. I knew that would have to wait though as I placed the cell phone in the nightstand by the bed. I left the room because we were filming a scene in the teen club today. It was the scene where Romeo's character and my character meet.

When I got to the teen club it had been blocked off for the day because of filming. I gave the guard my name and he let me in. I saw the director talking to the extras for the day. They had just picked some random teens from the ship, sadly though none of them were related to Romeo.

I spotted Romeo in the corner and headed over to him. He looked up at me and smiled.

I sat down next to him.

"Hey," he nodded.

"Hey," I said back

The director finally came our way and told us it was time to start. We rehearsed the scene where we meet and find out we have a lot in common. In the scene we talked about our parents and how they were both single. We hatched a plan to get them to meet. Both of us had no idea it would go as far as it did from there and what we hoped would be a fling would turn into our worlds colliding.

After they called it a wrap for the day I sent Emerson a text to see where he was. He sent one back saying he was at the waterslide with Juliet, Chapin, and Montague. I groaned as I told him I'd be there soon. I didn't want to see those little creeps again. I went back the room and grabbed the cell phone.

I went back to my room to change. I was searching through my suitcase when my dad came into the room.

"Daddy is it okay if I hang out with Emerson at the waterslide?" I pleaded. "Pleeeeasse?"

He rolled his eyes. He knew that I liked Emerson to spite what he thought. "It's public and they'll be others around."

"Fine, be back here in two hours to change for dinner."

"Thank you, Daddy!" I said as I hugged him. "I love you!"

I grabbed my bathing suit and cover-up out of my suitcase and went into the bathroom to change. I practically raced out the door and down the hall. When I saw Emerson he had his back to me and I came up behind him and put my arms around his waist. I rested my chin on his shoulder and kissed his neck.

"Hey beautiful," he said.

"You guys are almost as cute as Embry and Cameron," Juliet said.

"Um...thanks?" Emerson said back.

We stood there watching Chapin and Montague in the pool. Montague gave me an evil smile. I swear I don't like that little shit! I just wanted to be alone with Emerson. We needed to discuss the cell phone in my bag and some kissing would be nice too.

"Hey Jules, can you handle them by yourself for about an hour?" Emerson asked.

"Yeah, sure," she replied.

Emerson turned around and gave me a quick peck on the lips. I dropped my hands from around his waist and he took my hand. As we walked away, Juliet yelled, "Be safe Emerson!"

We found a lounge chair with no one else close by and sat down. He put his hand behind me as we locked eyes. In what seemed like slow motion I brought my lips to his. He had yet to try and French kiss me. I mean don't get me wrong I like the way he kisses. Before I could try and take the kiss to the next level he dragged his lips away from mine.

"Do you have it?" Emerson asked.

"Yes." I dug it out of my bag and gave it to him.

He examined the phone. He typed in some passwords he thought might be possibilities and none of them worked. He sighed in frustration. I took my hand and put it on his shoulder trying to comfort him.

"I know who would know how to get into this phone," Emerson had an epiphany.

"Who?" I asked sounding like an owl.

He laughed, "My cousin Hailey."

He sent Hailey a text to see where she was.

In this lame ass preteen club my mom made me go to. She sent back.

Meet me by Eye Scream and Frozone Treats on deck 9. I looked over Emerson's shoulder as he sent her the text.

Okay anything to get away from these losers.

"So what's up?" Hailey asked as we sat in the ice cream place.

"Well, Montague and Chapin took some intimidating pictures of us and we need to get into my mom's cell phone to delete them. Then I can give it back to her," Emerson explained.

"That's it? That's baby stuff. Hand me the phone."

Emerson handed her the phone. She examined it in a similar way to the way Emerson had earlier. She typed in some numbers and just like that she was in. I opened my mouth in shock. "How did you know the password?"

"Easy it was 0416," she replied.

"Should that be significate to me?" Emerson asked.

Hailey smacked him on the back of the head. "They're your parents and you don't know what happened on April 16, 2015?"

He looked confused.

"Rydellington is real?"

"Rydellington? That sounds like a disease," I laughed.

Hailey sighed and rolled her eyes. "It's a ship name. I stalked old photos and videos of our parents. It was the day they announced to fans they were dating."

"Oh," Emerson and I said.

"Now if we are done here I'm going to go find something else to do," Hailey said as she got up and left us.

Emerson put the password into the phone again and deleted the pictures.

"Make sure to delete them from the recently deleted too," I cautioned him.

We went back to the waterslide area to give Juliet a break. I noticed as we walked up that Emerson's mom was there talking to Juliet. I got nervous as we walked up holding hands.

"So you left your sister at the waterslide for a girl?" Emerson's mom asked him without looking his way.

"She was with Juliet," he stammered.

It was so cute the way he interacted with his mom. I didn't remember my mom. I imagine sometimes what it would be like to have a mom who loved me enough to stick around. I was jealous of Emerson and all his siblings and cousins because they all have two parents who love and care about them.

"But Chapin was supposed to be with you, not Juliet."

"It's okay Aunt Rydel, I don't mind," Juliet said.

"Oh look mom I found your cell phone," Emerson changed the subject.

"Wow thanks. Where was it?"

"Chapin found it in the bathroom on deck nine," Emerson lied.