A New Baby in the Family

Lilliana

I sat in the bed of Embry's truck with Montague and watched his big crazy family running around everywhere. I couldn't believe how massive his family had become over the past few years we had been. It seemed like everyone was having kids. And we were about to add all the chaos, well Cameron and Embry were about to add to it. It wasn't mine and Monte's time to be parents but we would get our chance one day.

I leaned forward a little because my back was hurting a little. As if he could read my mind Monte began to massage my back. He leaned forward and started to kiss my neck and down to my bare shoulder. As the fireworks started going off Monte and I leaned back to watch them.

"I love you," Monte whispered in my ear.

"I love..." I trailed off when I felt something wet between my legs.

"Lils why are my legs wet?" Monte asked.

"I think my water just broke, but I still have three more weeks," I panicked.

Monte surprised me though as he went into action. He had his phone out of his pocket in lightning speed. I didn't know who he was calling but I knew we needed help. I squeezed his hand had tight as a contraction hit me hard.

"Answer your damn phone motherfucker," Monte said into the phone.

I laughed. If he was calling Cameron or Embry neither of them would ever be a motherfucker. This time as the contraction hit I dug my fingernails into Monte's leg. I looked at Monte and saw him gritting his teeth like I was hurting him but he wasn't going to say anything.

"Finally, what the fuck? I have called you three time!" I could hear the panic start to rise in his voice.

"Yeah, we have a problem. Lilliana is in labor...yes, I'm sure...what do you mean how do I know? She has a death grip on my leg every few minutes and her water broke..." I only heard Monte's end of the conversation.

"Embry said he's on the other end of the property but him and Cameron are on their way. He said to time your contractions," Monte said as another contraction hit me and I dug my nails into his leg again.

It seemed like forever before Cameron and Embry got to us. As soon as Embry got there he started barking orders for everyone to follow.

"Montague since you have your phone out call 911 and put it on speaker phone."

I watched as Monte did as he was told and I heard, "911 what's your emergency."

"With whom am I speaking?" Embry asked.

"My name is Peggy," the lady on the other end said.

"Hi, Peggy, this is Embry Lynch-Miller. I have an eighteen-year-old female who is in active labor. She is thirty-seven weeks gestation. Contractions are..." he trailed off and looked at Monte.

"Three minutes apart," Monte said.

I tuned them out as another contraction hit me. I grabbed Embry's arm this time and squeezed as hard as I could. I looked over at Cameron and he looked like he was about to pass out he was breathing so hard. As the contraction passes I eased upon my grip on Embry's arm.

"Alright Lilliana I have to check you now," Embry said in a reassuring voice. I trusted Embry. I knew he had EMT training and this wasn't the first baby he had delivered. I leaned back on Monte and slid my underwear down my legs. I waited for Embry to tell me what to do next.

"Now relax your legs with your knees apart," Embry said.

"Um, you mean you have to look at her...," Cameron trailed off.

We all just rolled our eyes and ignored his stupid question. When Embry lifted up my skirt to take a look Cameron turned away and put his back to us. Another contraction hit me and Embry waited until it was done before speaking again.

"Now you're going to fell a little bit of pressure," he said as he looked under my skirt. I could tell by the way he stiffened behind me Monte wasn't okay with Embry doing this. But he had to understand we had no choice.

"Fuck," Embry said. "Okay you are at about eight centimeters and I can feel the head."

Within a few minutes I felt the urge to push and I voiced it to Embry. He checked me again and said yes. I was at ten centimeters and could start to push on the next contraction.

"Cam get up here and hold her other leg back," Embry barked at him.

I did as I was told and let them hold my legs back as I put my chin to my chest and pushed like Embry said. Embry counted to ten and then told me to rest. When the next contraction came I repeated the process. I repeated it a few more times before we heard sirens in the distance. Just as the ambulance pulled up in the yard I heard her cry. I looked over at Cameron and he had tears in his eyes. The man who never showed emotion had love written all over his face.

"Welcome to the world, Jennarae Victoria Lynch-Miller," I heard Monte say from behind me.