But I Love Him

A/N: Be prepared to have the feels. This is a very emotional chapter!

Embry

I sat in the living room on the couch. We were supposed to be having family time, but everyone was on their phones. No one but Montague was paying attention to the stupid movie he had picked. I was texting Cameron like always when we weren't together. It had been two weeks since the deal with the devil on the cruise ship. My dad had wondered why I was doing Montague's chores as well as my own, but he never asked. Today was the last day of our deal. Before the movie I had done the last of my part of the deal and swept the kitchen floor.

"Okay this is crazy. It's supposed to be family time. Everyone hand over the phones," my dad said.

Romeo being the goody, goody he is, was the first to hand his over. Dad looked at me and then at Juliet and Hailey. "Hand them over," he said as he put his hand out.

Juliet and Hailey handed him theirs and his eyes were on me. I tried to send one last text to Cameron telling him I had to go, but I guess I was taking too long for him because dad snatched my phone from my hand. I panicked. My text messages were opened and if he looked down and read them I was outed.

He looked at my phone then at me. "Who's Cam and where did you put your hand last night that she liked so much?"

I looked at Juliet and she nodded at me like it's now or never. "Tell him," she mouthed.

"So do you have a secret girlfriend? Because if so you know the rules. You have to have a chaperone when you're together," dad said.

"He needs a chaperone alright!" Montague commented.

I threw a pillow at him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" dad asked.

"Cuz Cam is not a girl!" Montague said. "I saw Embry and Cameron kissing on the cruise."

"Wait! So you lied to me? You were making out with Cameron and not a girl?" mom asked.

"EVERYONE BUT EMBRY NEEDS TO LEAVE THE ROOM NOW!" dad yelled.

The room cleared quickly except for me, my dad and my mom. I just sat there. This was going to go bad in a hurry. I had never heard my dad raise his voice like that. He was madder than a rabid dog. I swear I saw steam coming off his head he was so mad.

"You lied to me about the girls?" mom repeated.

"Seriously, he was making out with his best friend and you're worried about him lying about girls?"

I just sat there and stared at the ground. I didn't know what to say. I had planned what I was going to say over and over in my mind since that day I had kissed Cameron on the cruise in the teen club. Now though, sitting here actually with my parents my mouth was dry like I'd swallowed cotton balls and I couldn't speak.

"HE'S KISSING BOYS!" dad yelled at mom.

I watched him sit and run his fingers through his hair.

"Not boys, just one boy," I said.

"Now is not the time to be a smartass Embry," my mom said in her scolding voice.

"How long has this been going on?" dad asked.

"A little over two years," I confessed.

"So does the purity ring mean nothing to you?" dad asked.

"Of course it means something to me. I'm still a virgin," I watched him and he looked down. He couldn't even look at me.

"You don't get it do you?" dad asked.