Welcome to the World Jude Connor

Juliet

It had been a really long day already and it was only noon. I was regretting signing up for classes this term. I should have just taken a break like Christian and Romeo tried to get me to do. Jude Connor was due any day now and I was only three weeks into this term. I walked into the cafeteria to find Layla and Gabi sitting at a table in the back of the cafeteria. As usual Gabi whispered something in Layla's ear and Layla giggled. I rolled my eyes as I approached them. Ever since they had started dating I felt left out of their lives. I knew I was in a different place in life than they were. I was getting married in December and they were still just in the dating faze.

I plopped down in a chair at the table and waited for Christian. I was glad I had decided to do this for my brother but days like this I hated myself for agreeing to it. My back was killing me and don't even get me started on my ankles. They looked like I had sewn apples on each side of them. Christian came over with two trays of food. I wasn't very hungry today but I reached for the bottle of water on the tray he put in front of me. My stomach was so big I had to strain to reach it. My brother better be glad I love him, I thought as Christian smiled at me.

"Juliet are you okay?" Christian asked.

"You want the truth or you want me to lie to you?" I asked with a snarky attitude.

I didn't mean to have an attitude but pregnancy hormones made me even sassier than usual. Sad thing was since he lived with me and was pretty much around me twenty-four seven, Christian got most of it aimed at him. I felt bad for him but he never complained. He was just his normal happy go lucky self. He got that from his dad.

"Did someone piss in your cereal this morning?" Layla asked.

"Bite me," I shot back.

She flipped me off and I had to laugh. I got up from the table and headed for the bathroom. All the food on the table was making me nauseous for some reason. I had thought all that was behind me, but I guess not. I just wasn't feeling all that well today. I got a few steps from the table and heard a popping sound as water gushed down my legs and onto the floor. The pain hit me almost simultaneously and I doubled over as I fell to the floor in the puddle of water.

Christian rushed to my side and kneeled beside me not caring that he got his jeans wet. "Jules..."

"Baby...time..." I said.

"Can you get up and to the car?" he asked me.

"No I think I've been in labor all day," I managed to say as another contraction hit me.

Everything happened in a whirlwind as soon as I said that. Layla was on the phone with 911 and Christian got out his phone and called Bentley. We had a plan and it was time to put it into action.

Romeo

I was sitting at the nurses' station when the call came in: "We are in route with a twenty-year-old female in active labor. Contractions are two minutes apart..."

I stopped listen as soon as I heard her screaming at the paramedic. I had never heard the word fuck come from my sister's mouth but she was cussing like a sailor. Michaela the other nurse with me looked at me and I nodded. She knew this was my baby. I got out my cell phone and called Bentley to tell him Juliet was on her way here.

"Hey, where are you?" I asked.

"I just dropped Brandon off with your mom and I'm on my way to the hospital," he answered.

If I knew my husband now that he didn't have Brandon in the car, he was probably speeding. "Get here safely."

"Okay I love you," he said.

"I love you too," I said back as I hung up.

A few minutes later, the paramedics came through the door. Juliet was holding Jude Connor in her arms. Michaela took over and we went into one of the private rooms. I watched as she checked the baby over and then handed him off to me. I looked into his face as he stared up at me. I had never got to hold Brandon when he was a baby. I didn't even have pictures of him as a baby. I knew though my sixteen-year-old self wouldn't have been able to handle a baby. Now on the other hand I was ready. We had planned this all out.

"He looks like Bentley," Christian said from beside me.

"Yeah a lot," I said.

"Now you both have a mini me," Juliet laughed.

Christian and I left the room when the doctor came in to examine Juliet. I took Jude Connor out into the waiting room to see Bentley. He spotted me right away and came rushing over. I handed Jude Connor off to him so he could hold his son. As I watched my husband holding our son I smiled. If anyone had told me a few years ago I would have everything I did now I would have said I didn't deserve any of it. Right now I was the happiest man alive.

s 0