Blasting R5 Music and Pounding Headboards

Bella (Bentley's mom)

I was in the kitchen when I heard the doorbell ring. Well barely Bentley's music was so loud it was driving me nuts. Did he actually think I was stupid and didn't know why his music was so loud? Little did he know he wasn't drowning out anything with his music. I could still hear more than I wanted to.

"Hey," Zendaya said as I opened the door and hugged her.

She was here to celebrate New Year's and Bentley's birthday. She had been there for his birth and came every year for his birthday. It was hard believe it was eighteen years ago. My baby was growing up so fast.

"Why are we blasting old R5 music?" Zendaya asked as we went to the kitchen.

"Bentley has a friend upstairs," I said.

I put water in the tea kettle and set it on the stove. I smiled. I hadn't even realized it was R5 music until she said something. It was so loud though. I just wanted to scream at him to turn it down. It was giving me a headache.

"A special friend?" she asked.

"Yeah I guess you could say that," I said back.

I took two mugs and the tea out of the cabinet and set them on the counter as the tea kettle whistled. Just as I started to pour the how water into the mugs we heard knocking from upstairs. It caused me to spill some water on the counter. I cleaned up the water and carried the mugs to the table where I already had the sugar and spoons sitting. The banging noise continued.

"Damn you weren't kidding when you said special friend. I feel like I'm intruding," Zendaya smiled.

"They are never quiet," I said sighing.

"She's gonna be sore after that pounding," Zendaya commented.

Then we heard Bentley's short quick little moans and I knew it was almost over. I tried to smile. I still wasn't sure who was getting pounded as Zendaya put it. I never asked. I thought maybe it was Romeo since Bentley was bigger than him but I guess that really didn't mean anything.

"Yeah, someone's gonna be sore alright," I agreed.

"So is he still seeing that cute little Lynch girl? What was her name?" Zendaya asked.

"No they broke up a while back," I said. Wow she was in for a surprise when they came downstairs.

"Aw too bad they were a cute couple," Zendaya said sadly.

"She was all wrong for him," I laughed.

The moaning stopped and the music got turned down. I sent Bentley a text and told him Zendaya was here.

"So do I get to meet this mystery girl or can she walk after that?" Zendaya asked.

Before I could answer her Bentley came running down the stairs and into the kitchen. Zendaya heard him and stood up giving him a big hug. It had been four months since she had visited last and so much had happened in his life.

"Look at you! Have you been working out? You seem bigger than the last time I saw you," she asked him.

"Yeah," Bentley smiled shyly.

"So do I get to meet this new girl in your life that your mom was telling me about?"

He looked at me and mouthed "girl" over her shoulder. I picked up my phone and sent him a text.

I didn't say girl. She just assumed.

So she doesn't know I'm gay? Bentley sent back.