Hiding In the Attic

Montague

I was in my normal hiding place in the attic. I often came up here to hide. This attic held a lot of secrets. The saying if these walls could talk came to mind. The attic was a cesspool of debauchery. As I sat there I heard voices and feet on the stairs. I could tell by the sound they were grown-ups, possibly male. Then from my hiding place I saw Ross, Riker and Rocky.

Ross went to the chest where I knew he kept his marijuana stash. I wasn't aware that Riker and Rocky smoked with him. I got out my little book and wrote it down. I could use this against all of them.

Smoke filled the attic and I knew Ross wouldn't approve of me being up here. I wondered how long they have been smoking together. I had seen pictures of Ross when he was younger where I wondered if he was high. In those same pictures Riker was always wearing sunglasses. Now I know they were high!

I also wondered who else knew they were smoking up here. This was the first time I had seen Riker and Rocky with him and I did a lot of hiding in this attic. I had recently let Chapin in on my hiding place up here. Only because she had a cell phone though and recording things was so much better. Then I had video proof of the incident to fall back on.

I wish she was here now. This would make a great blackmail video. I laughed to myself. They were just a bunch of hypocrites. Especially Ross, he was always telling us not to do drugs and he was up here doing just that. Why were all the men in this family such dumbasses? No wondered this family is as messed up as it is.

Just then someone's phone rang. I listened to see who answered.

"Hey, Val," Rocky said.

"Yeah, I just got to the studio for a meeting about the band," Rocky lied.

Losers! Ross and Riker actually held their hands over their mouths and tried to hold back giggles. I seriously felt more like the only grownup in this attic. I wrote down Rocky's lie in my little book.

"Yeah I'll be home for dinner," Rocky spoke again.

I wanted to know what Valerie was saying. Was she stupid enough not to smell the marijuana on him when he came home? How did these idiots not get caught? The smell in this room was horrid and I'm sure their clothes smelled too. All I wanted to do was get out of this room and shower, but I couldn't do that without revealing myself.

Soon they got up and Ross put the stash back in his hiding place. He took out a can of air freshener and sprayed the room. Then they sprayed themselves with it. Riker looked over in the direction of where I was hiding and I crouched down lower and held my breath.

"Do you ever feel like you're being watched up here, Ross?" Riker asked.

"That's guilt, you're feeling, Riker. It's been a while since you've been up here with us," Rocky said as they left.

"Yeah, don't go confessing to Rae where you actually were," Ross warned him.

I waited a few minutes for them to truly be gone and just when I was about to come out of my hiding place, I heard Hailey, Savannah, and another female voice on the stairs to the attic. I crouched back down just before they came into the attic.

"If he hasn't moved it it's still in this chest," Hailey said.

I covered my mouth with my hand to keep from gasping. They were getting into the marijuana! They both seemed so innocent and I had never had dirt on them before. This was so exciting! I wondered who else was into the stash and why Ross didn't notice.

"Yep found it!" Hailey pulled out the bag.

"Do you guys do this on a regular basis?" the unknown girl asked.

"No this is like the third time since we found it a couple of months ago," Savannah said.

That little lying bitch. She said she was "pure as the driven snow" and she's up here smoking Ross' marijuana. I wrote it in my little book. I watched them for a while and then they left. I got out of my hiding place and went down the attic stairs and into the kitchen.

Ross, Riker, and Rocky were at the table with a bag of chips and Savannah, Hailey and their friend had three spoons in a gallon of ice cream. I rolled my eyes as I went to the fridge and got out a coke.

"So Montague what are you up to today?" Ross asked.

"Probably spying on someone," Romeo said as he came into the kitchen.

"Why would he do that?" Ross asked.

Romeo rolled his eyes. "Because he's creepy as fuck!"

"I was just getting a coke and then going to my room to read, dad," I said.

"Whatever loser," Romeo commented.

"Just stay out of trouble," Ross pleaded.

"Of course dad. You have enough trouble on your plate," I said looking at Romeo.

Romeo flicked me off from behind Ross' back.

"See it's nice to know a least not all of my kids are bad seeds," Ross said.

Romeo spit milk everywhere. I laughed as I left the room.

"Clean that up," I heard Ross say.