I'm Gonna Be a Dad

Embry

I sat on the couch next to Cameron with Montague and Lilliana across from us on the loveseat. The silence was eerie. I knew Montague well enough to know when something was bothering him. He was very upset and distant. He had been quiet all through dinner and hadn't even complained about the vegan restaurant. Cam had even offered to take him for burgers and he said it didn't matter. I had to get to the bottom of this.

It was supposed to be a fun weekend. They were here to celebrate Lilliana's eighteenth birthday. She also took pride in the fact that for a whole five months she was older than Montague. She even bragged about it. Tonight, though she wasn't that happy go lucky girl we all knew. I looked at Cameron and he shrugged. I could tell he was as perplexed as I was about the whole situation.

"Okay what the fuck is up with you two?" Cameron asked. "Did someone die that we don't know about?"

"No, no one died," Montague said.

"Then what's up with you two?" I asked.

"Are you guys still considering adopting?" Montague asked.

I watched him closely. He grabbed Lilliana's hand and smiled at her for the first time since they got here. I remembered as a child Montague had always enjoyed being in everyone's business and he knew everyone's secrets. Now the master had been caught with his own secret. I knew exactly what this was about but I waited for them to tell me before I said anything more.

"Yes, why?" Cameron asked.

I rolled my eyes. Cameron could be so blonde sometimes considering how smart he really was. I side glanced at him and saw him looking at me. I smiled because I knew I'd pay for the eye roll later from the look on his face. I loved every minute of it though.

"We want you to adopt our baby," Lilliana said meekly.

"Does anyone else know about this?" I asked.

"Just Tatianna and now you guys," Montague said. "We want to have a plan in motion before we tell our parents."

I couldn't help myself I had to laugh. Ross was going to flip the fuck out. He didn't take news like this very well. This was way worse than Romeo and I being gay. At least he never had to worry about us getting a girl pregnant. Well he never had to worry about me getting a girl pregnant. There was the whole Brandon situation. I always thought the one who would be pregnant as a teen was Hailey.

"How would that work?" Cameron asked.

"Well you would be the baby's parents. Your names would be on the birth certificate and you would be its official parents," Montague explained their wishes.

"We were talking with the adoption agency about having an open adoption. Would you guys want that? Do you want the baby to know you are the biological parents when he or she grows up?" I asked.

"I would like that a lot," Lilliana answered. "Having you guys as the parents was my idea. I don't want strangers raising my baby."

"We'll go through the agency if that's what you want, so everything is legal," Montague suggested.

Both Cameron and I quickly agreed. We had been discussing this for a long time. For so long we had said we would never have kids then we saw how Romeo and Bentley were with their kids. Their family had grown big time over the past few years. After being foster parents for a while they had added another child to their family. As we watched my brother's family grew the thoughts slowly crept up on us and we both said it out of the blue one night at dinner. Raising a baby that was related to me would be the best possible scenario. I wanted to be a dad, probably more than Cameron did. Sometimes I thought he was just doing it because it was what I wanted but I knew he would make a great dad.