Falling For You

Violet

I sat in the chair at my table and sighed. From this point of view everyone was in love but me. Embry danced in Cameron's arms. Liam was sitting behind Ryssa with his arms around her waist as he nuzzled in her neck and she giggled. I had no idea where Emerson and Caroline were but they probably snuck off somewhere. Romeo and Bentley were holding hands and kissing in the corner. Uncle Ross did not seem pleased about that as he watched them though with a sad look on his face. It seemed he was just getting used to Embry with Cameron and then Romeo makes that bold move.

"Hey penny for your thoughts?" a male voice said from beside me.

I looked up to see Nick sit down beside me. I had to admit he was sexy. He was the first guy I had even thought about since Lance had betrayed me with Becky Monroe of all people. He had this bad boy, James Dean look going on. I didn't want to get hurt again and my heart was still very guarded. I had trust issues and need someone who was going to treat me right. I just didn't think Nick was that guy.

"Have you ever been in love?" I asked him.

"No," he said shaking his head. "Watching your family though I do wonder what it would be like to love someone like that."

"Me too," I sighed.

I thought I had been in love with Lance but he never loved me. I knew that now. He had said he loved me just to get in my pants and it had worked. I wasn't going to fall for that again. I needed and deserved so much more than a man like that.

"Can I tell you something?" Nick asked.

"Sure," I said.

He got up close to my ear. "I really liked it when you licked my armpit. No one has ever done that to me before. We should try it again sometime."

I turned my head to look at him. We were so close I could feel his breath on my face. He smelled so good like peppermints and apples. I wanted to sniff him but I held back. I had seen Embry sniff Cameron all the time and did wonder what Cameron smelled like that was so addicting to Embry.

"Only if you lick mine too," I said sassily.

"Done," he said back.

I looked at him like really? He nodded. Then he reached out and touched my hair. With just that touch I was hyper aware of my body. I had never felt the way I felt right this minute with Lance. I really needed to stop with the Lance comparisons though. Not every guy was like Lance. I really wanted to give Nick a chance.

In what seemed like slow motion he brought his lips to mine. The kiss was light but far from innocent. I kissed him back. He was a good kisser. He ran his other hand up my leg and I stopped him with my hand as I pulled away.

"Sorry, I've been wanting to do that since last night," Nick said.

"Don't be sorry. I liked it," I admitted.

"Can we do it again?" Nick asked.

I kissed him this time. I couldn't believe how on fire my body was by just a few kisses. I wondered if he felt it too or if I was the only one. He shifted a little in his seat and I knew then it had the same effect on him. I pulled apart again. I was scared. I wasn't sure if I was ready to get involved with someone yet. I needed to get away from him so I could think.

"I gotta go," I said as I got up and practically ran from him.

Nick

What the hell? She just disappeared before I could even say anything. This girl had me turned inside out. No girl had ever had the effect on me she did. I knew she was younger than me and I had to watch it around her, but she had been on my mind constantly since we met. I just sat there and stared off in the direction she had gone.

"Dude, I saw you kissing my cousin," Riot said as he sat down in the chair she had just vacated.

"Yeah so? It's a free country. I can kiss who kiss who I want," I said.

"She's underage. She's only seventeen," Riot warned me.

"I am well aware of how old she is," I said.

I wasn't in the mood to have this conversation with him. I wasn't sure what I was feeling right now. It felt strange and weird though. Like nothing I had ever felt before. All I wanted to do was go find her and kiss her again till she couldn't stand up straight, until both our knees were left weak. I had never been into kissing much but with her it was different. I couldn't put my finger on it.

"She's been through a lot in the past few months. I suggest you leave her alone," Riot said.

"The thing is I don't think I can, Riot," I said.

"Don't hurt her or I'll kill you. She's like a sister to me, and I know what your like," Riot threatened me.

"I don't think you get it. I don't even understand it myself yet. Hell I can't explain it," I babbled.

"Wow, I get it alright. When she kissed you the Earth stood still. All you can think about is kissing her again?" Riot questioned.

"Yeah," I said confused.

"Dude that's how I felt the first time I met Charlotte. I'll leave you with that thought," Riot said as he walked away.

What the fuck did that mean? I thought about that day I had introduced them. Charlotte had been my girl first. I had been so pissed off when she broke up with me. I had fucked her roommate just to be mean. I wasn't even attracted to her roommate, but what was done was done and I couldn't take it back. I did regret it though.

Violet made me want to be a better person. I actually wanted to try having a relationship with her. A monogamous one at that. I had to go find her. I had a feeling this girl was my destiny.

VCF*