Happy Birthday Riot

Riot

I was coming out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my waist when there was a knock on the door. It was early and I assumed it was Nick coming home to change before class. He never stayed in our room anymore and he never said where he had been. Again I made the assumption he was with Charlotte. She had been here a few times and I had to admit I liked and hated her being here at the same time. I was falling for her big time. Nick had no idea what a great girl he had.

"Forget your key again Nick?" I asked as I opened the door.

But it wasn't Nick standing on the other side. It was Charlotte. "If you're looking for Nick he isn't here."

"I didn't come to see Nick. I came to see you," she said. "Can I come in?"

"Sure?" I said as she came in.

I just stood there watching her. She walked over to my side of the room and ran her hand down my cello, I hadn't put away from playing this morning. The way she touched it was so seductive, it made my heart beat faster. I wanted to rush over there and touch her.

"You should play for me sometime," she said turning to look at me.

"Sure," was all I could say.

"You should get dressed and take me to breakfast," she said as she sat down on the edge of my bed, like she was going to wait while I did as she said.

I went over to my dresser and pulled out some clothes. I went to the bathroom and changed. Before I went back into my room a thought hit me. If she was here where was Nick? My hand rested on the door knob. What was I doing? If she was still Nick's girlfriend I was about to do the same thing to Nick that Fender had done to me.

"So where's Nick?" I asked as I came out of the bathroom.

"I caught him yesterday fucking my roommate," she said nonchalantly.

Yep that sounds like Nick. She didn't look upset about it at all and I wondered if that should concern me. Why was she here then? To get back at Nick by doing the same to him? Well I liked her and I wasn't going to just be a one stand to her or anyone.

"Look Riot, I know what you're thinking and it's not that way. I was planning on breaking up with Nick soon anyway. He was just sleeping with her because I wouldn't sleep with him, or that was his reasoning," she explained.

"He can be an asshole sometimes," I said.

"Well that's okay. I think I like someone else anyway."

She got up and crossed the room. She got up on her tippy toes and kissed me. I picked her up pretty easily and sat her on the desk never breaking the kiss. She was a really good kisser and I was so conscious I wasn't any good in comparison. My kissing skills were so limited.

She broke the kiss first. "Wow, you are an amazing kisser."

"So how about that breakfast?" I asked trying to sound smooth.

As we were leaving we saw Nick coming up the hallway. Charlotte grabbed my hand and Nick looked down at our hands as he passed us. I could tell by the look on his face he wasn't surprised nor did he really care that we seemed like we were together.

"You two are perfect for each other," Nick said as he stood at the door to our room. "Beauty and the virgin."

"Ignore him," Charlotte said as we kept walking down the hall.

Ignore him? I realized he was hurt but he didn't have to announce to the whole floor I was a virgin. Now Charlotte knew too and it should have been my place to share that information with her. But she had said she hadn't slept with Nick, I wanted to know if she had slept with anyone. Was it too soon to ask that?

I spent as much time with Charlotte in the next week as I could. I felt like I got to know her better in that week than I ever knew Audrey. She was smart and didn't have any stupid comments. We didn't see much of Nick in that week. He still seemed a bit mad and I understood that all too well.

The night of my birthday I went to the club with Charlotte. Once we were in we found Nick and some of my other friends in a private area in the back. I felt like such a goody, goody around Nick and the rest of our friends. I planned on changing that tonight. It was my birthday and I was going to let lose.

The next morning I woke up in strange surroundings. The blanket over me had pink flowers on it. I scanned the wall and in place of my posters were posters of plays, like Rent and Grease. This was not my room but whose was it? The last thing I remember was being at the club and Fender showing up.

As I laid there and started to panic Charlotte came in the room and sat on the bed. She smiled at me.

"Hi, I just went to get breakfast. Want a donut?" she asked.

"No the smell of those is turning my stomach," I said.

My head was pounding like someone was playing drums in it. I tried to remember how I got here. I had never been that drunk in my life and I was never doing it again. I realized now that here was Charlotte's room.

"Wait Charlotte did we?" I asked.

"You don't remember?" she asked.

"No, the last thing I remember about last night was talking to Fender," I said.

"So you don't remember this?" she asked as she stood up and took off her shirt.

I shook my head.

"Or this?" she asked again as she kicked off her boots and slid her pants down her legs.

I shook my head again.

"Oh Riot, I'll just have to remind you then," she said as she climbed on the bed.