Till Death Do Us Part

Nick

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Liam asked me.

I nodded. I knew touring was important to Violet and I loved traveling with her. The bad thing was she kept putting off planning a wedding because there was always something more important. I wanted her to be my wife. When I had pressed the issue a few weeks ago she gave me the who needs a piece of paper excuse. I do, I had screamed at her. That hadn't gone over well and I had ended up in Liam and Ryssa's room. It hadn't been my finest moment and I apologized for weeks for it.

My hands shook as I walked out onto the stage. I never came out here. I was more of a roadie and worked behind the scenes. There was a packed house tonight here in St. Louis and normally I loved being on stage. But that was when I was playing a part in a play and not being myself. The opening act had just finished and I addressed the crowd before Violet came out.

"Okay St. Louis I have something special planned for you guys tonight. Violet doesn't know anything about it," I paused.

Someone in the crowd screamed, "We love you Nick."

"Aw thanks. I love you guys too," I said back.

"So what's the plan?" someone else screamed.

I shook off my nervousness. I knew if everything went as planned tonight I would be sleeping next to my wife and not my fiancée. This had to go my way, I prayed.

"So Fender and Violet's parents are here, along with my parents, and we are going to have a wedding right here on stage. Now remember not a word to Violet. It's a surprise," I informed the crowd.

I looked off stage and Sherry nodded to tell me Violet was on her way to the stage. Liam, Ryssa and Dacia came out and introduced Violet. She came out and the crowd screamed. All she did was give me a strange look as she took her place center stage. She looked down and noticed the microphone in my hand and smiled at me. She probably thought I was going to sing a duet with her or something. It had been a long time since I had been on the stage and even though I had a good singing voice that wasn't the case tonight.

My hands shook as I took her hand in mine. She looked nervous and Violet was never nervous on the stage. This was her happy place. Preforming was in her blood. She knew something was up.

"Violet we are going to do something different tonight," I said as we looked into each other's eyes.

"Are we gonna sing that duet you wrote?" she asked.

"No," I answered as our parents and Fender came out onto the stage.

"Violet you keep putting off wedding plans so I thought we could do this right here right now," I told her.

"Nick, what are you doing?" she said in a shaky voice.

"Violet today we make it official," I said.

She smiled and I returned her smile. She nodded and the fans went wild. This was it. We were really doing this. In just a few minutes I would be someone's husband. I got really nervous as we stepped in front of Fender. I never thought in a million years I would ever be someone's husband but when I had met Violet Lynch everything had changed for me. I knew she was the one for me. everyone always told me I would meet a girl to tame me and I always said they were lying. Yet here I was about to be a married man.

"Nicholas Joseph McPherson do you take Violet to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, till death do you part?" Fender asked.

"I do," I replied.

"Do you Violet Muse Lynch, take Nicholas to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, till death do you part?" Fender asked.

"I do," Violet said.

"The rings," Fender looked at Liam.

Liam handed him the rings I had given him earlier in the day. Fender handed Violet's to me and said, "Place the ring on her finger and repeat after me. Violet with this ring I thee wed."

I put the ring on her finger and said, "Violet with this ring I thee wed."

He put out my ring for Violet to take and said, "Violet place the ring on Nick's finger and repeat after me. Nick with this ring I thee wed."

Violet put the ring on my finger and said the words.

Fender then spoke again, "By the power vested in me by the internet I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

As we kissed the crowd went wild. Once we pulled apart from the kiss and the screaming died down Fender said, "I present to you for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Nicholas McPherson."

,}h-[