Chapter 9

Mariah | 23

Hearing my alarm go off I had woke up. The time was now 10 A.M. It was a bit hard for me trying to sleep without Aubrey being here with me. He got home kinda late last night but I didn't care, as long as he made it home and safe. I could smell a little bit of everything on him especially the liquor and weed. I wasn't gonna talk his ear off on where he was at. I was wondering how he got back home because he was incoordination and was slurring his speech as well.

Getting out of the bed I look over to him seeing him still sleeping with his mouth wide open and how guys typically sleep with their hands in their pants.

Looking at him for a while made me realize I was catching feelings for this man fast and it was scary. I'm not your easy kind of bitch who just opens their legs to any man. He treated me differently than any other man I associated with. He never made me feel uncomfortable nor does he ever peer pressure me to do anything I don't want to do.

I stopped daydreaming and left his room to go to the kitchen and grab him a bottle of water. Re - entering the bedroom I then went to his bathroom opening the medicine cabinet grabbing  some aspirin.

Leaving the bathroom I enter the bedroom again going over to him to put the bottle of water and aspirin on the drawer next to him.

Going back to the kitchen I decided I wanted to make some omelettes for breakfast. Getting all the ingredients that I need I started to work on the food.

A couple minutes later I was finally done cooking omelettes were easy and fast to make. Grabbing two plates from the cabinets I put 2 omelettes on my plate and the rest on Aubrey's. I put Aubrey's plate in the microwave and made my way tot eh couch turning the TV on and getting my laptop out to look at any new emails I have received.

One email caught my eye from the Pre school I work at.  I haven't been able to work there in weeks because of what happened I told my manager about it and she wanted me to take a couple weeks off with pay. I opened it and began to read through it.

To: Mariah Johnson
From: Head Start Pre School

Goodmorning Ms. Johnson after further review, unfortunately we have decided to let you go. We don't tolerate those type of situations here at all. We only care about the children's wellbeing while they are here at the school not at home because we cannot control what goes on in their household.

Thank you again for taking your time and consideration out to work for this school. We appreciate you very much.

Best regards, HEAD START PRE SCHOOL

What the fuck? All because I fear for a child and wanted him to be ok? This shit is so dumb!

I put my head down started to cry lightly. Hearing the bathroom flush in the other room I tried to wipe my tears as fast I could before he came the room.

He walked out of the room with his Atlanta Hawks retro shorts on and you could see him having on supreme boxers. Yawning "Goodmorning love." He came over to me pecking my lips a couple times then looking me in the eyes noticing I wasn't kissing him back. "What's wrong? Why your eyes red and puffy? You been crying? What happened love?"

I gave him the laptop as he sat down so he could read the email.  "The fuck?" He murmured. "Do they not care about abuse or neglect happening to kids that go to they fuckin school? I'm sorry love, you don't deserve this shit. They don't deserve you working their. If they can't have your back while you're doing something right and what matters you don't need to be there." He vented.

"Did I do something wrong?" I questioned myself. "I shouldn't have never questioned the mom about anything."

He puts the laptop down picking me up putting me in his lap, while he wrapped his arms around my waist. "No no baby you did the right thing and they can't accept the fact that you did."

"Now I don't even have a stable income coming in only a couple thousand in my savings I should really go up there and cuss them bitches out for real Aubrey I didn't do shit wrong." I said getting off of him standing up getting worked up.

"Baby you know I got you and I can take care of you ain't no reason on talking about that but, I'm not letting you go up there today. You needa calm down first before anything." He says staring intensely at me.

"Aubrey I don't know what bitches you been with in the pass but I don't need or want any man taking care of me just because you feel bad of the situation that I'm in now." I almost yelled walking to the kitchen with my plate putting it in the sink."

He followed me into the kitchen a little later staring at me for a while. "And I don't know what niggas you been with but I'm doing this shit because I want to and I care about you because that's what's a man is supposed to do for a women he cares about. I know you mad and shit right now but don't release yo angry out on me."

He walked over to me turning me around so I could face him.

"Let me be the man I want to be for you love, I know you love being independent and shit but it's ok for me to do shit for you ok?" He lift my chin up looking at me.

I looked behind him instead of looking at him.

"Look at me Anaye." I did as told and looked at him.

"Just let me love, it's not that serious."

"You think you could show me different?"

"If only you let met Anaye."

Nodding my head believing him. "Ok Aubrey thank you." I said smiling lightly.

"You know I got you girl as long as you got me." He wiped away the rest of my tears giving me a passionate kiss on the lips.