Chapter 36

DaeDae | 15

DaeDae | 15

              Day before first day of school...

My family's funeral was a week ago and I really didn't want to go or look at them in a casket but I had to. The shit was just still mind blowing to me that their actually gone. Someone went out their way to kill my fucking family. For what reason? Nobody knows. So I need to find out myself.

I was sitting on my bed looking at the wall staring in a trance thinking about where did my life go wrong. Why is god putting me through this bullshit?

Did I something wrong for this shit to happen?

All types of thoughts was running through my head. I pulled out my phone going to photos looking at pictures of my family. I was keep swiping next thing you know tears were coming down my face.

Hearing footsteps coming near I quickly wiped them away and laid down on the bed pretending to be sleep.

"DaeDae," I hear a knock on my door. "DaeDae! I need you to get up for me please."

I still laid in the bed while she was behind the door. Hearing the door twist indicating that she was opening it.

"DaeDae." She patted me on my shoulder. "You have to get up and get your hair done remember? School starts tomorrow."

"I have to go to school?"

"Yes, you do. You have to go to school to get your education. Remember what they said?" Mariah asked looking at me sideways with her arms crossed.

I nodded my head with a tired expression. "If I don't stay on track I won't be able to live with you or Aubrey."

"Yep. And we don't want that to happen to you or for you to be in the system. Do you want that to happen?"

"No ma'am."

"Me either. Are you okay though?"

"I'm good," I nodded getting up from the bed going over to the dresser getting out clothes I was wearing today.

"Okay, Aubrey is gonna pick you up in a few."

I smacked my lips turning around facing her. "You never told me he was taking me. I thought you were." I slammed the dresser back in catching an attitude.

"DaeDae, something came up. I have a important business meeting to attend to and don't slam anything in my house. He cares for you DaeDae and he wants you to know that. Please stop giving him a hard time. I understand he should've told you way before but he didn't to protect you."

"Whatever bro," I walked into the bathroom that was connected to the bathroom closing the door in her face."

I looked at myself in the mirror for a while before hopping in the shower.

-

Within a hour I was out of the shower. I did my daily morning routine. The outfit I had on today was some Polo Ralph Lauren black cotton shorts and a black Polo tee to match. I had raging bull red Jordan 5's on my feet.