Chapter 49

Mariah | 23

Mariah | 23

Couple days later...

"Girl why do you have them big clothes on?" Breah said as Ari closed the door behind me.

Breah finally wasn't in the hospital anymore. They told her she can go home a few days ago. She has a nurse that comes here to check on her almost everyday.

I sat my belongings on the kitchen table putting my hands back inside Aubrey's sweatshirt pockets I was wearing.

"Well it's cold and I'm pregnant,"

"What?" Breah turned around stopping what she was doing. "Don't lie to me Mariah! Ari is she lying?"

"Nope!" Ari shook her heard. "Remember you were telling me you were having dreams that someone was pregnant? It's Mariah."

"Oh my god Mariah! What are you having? Or you don't know yet."

"We're having boy."

"Awww I'm so happy for you! How is Aubrey dealing with the news?"

"He's excited as hell! I was the one that was off about me. But he kept telling me everything is gonna be ok, he got me."

"Girl why were you iffy about it in the first place?"

"Because, it's just scary and not just that. Before we found out the news me and him were arguing a lot because he was just doing dumb shit. But he says he's working on himself and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt."

"Girl that man loves you. He's head over heels for you. Everything isn't always gonna be perfect in a relationship. Ain't that right Ari?"

Ari looked up from her phone before nodding putting her thumbs up.

"Mariah what are we doing for your birthday girl? It's in two days!" Ari says watching my every move.

"To be honest I don't even want to do anything. Just lay in the bed and sleep."

"Girl you definitely not doing that so shut it down."

"I mean we can go out to dinner or something like that. I'm telling ya'll it's fine. Anyways Breah how are you doing?"

"I'm walking by myself now, still feel pain in my ribs but it's not hurting more like last time."

"Has Jalen tried to get into contact with you since?" Ari steps in getting her food out the microwave.

I smacked my lips looking at Ari.

"Now why would you ask her that? Fuck him!" I said replying back to Aubrey's text. He was just texting me telling me how he missed me and missed rubbing my belly. Every night he gives me tubby rubs.

Aubrey literally checks on me every chances he gets. It's so sweet.

"Mariah it's ok, and yea he does. I just ignore him or block his number. I'm thinking about changing my number though because everytime I block him he gets a new number and blows up my phone."