Chapter 43

DaeDae | 15

DaeDae | 15

My second day of school was today after everything happened. I felt normal again.

I was making my way towards the gym since basketball tryouts were today and I was ready to get started.

Walking into the gym, I saw a lot of people already set and ready. Speaking of that I need to hurry up and get the right clothes on.

I rushed into the locker room and got ready and I was out onto the gym floor. When I got back I see Trey on the sideline stretching.

"Why you ain't tell me you was gonna be here?" He looked at me and smiled as we dapped each other up.

"I didn't know you was gonna be here. I mean you did miss hella days of school, why?"

I began stretching with him and told him what all happened and went down.

"What the fuck?" He stopped stretching and looked at me. "Why would you even try that? Especially from that nigga? You know he don't give a fuck about his life."

"I thought that was your boy?"

"They way he been moving recently man, I don't know."

"What you mean?"

"I'll tell you after, coach is here."

I turned looking at the coach enter the gym with a clipboard. "Everyone on the line now!"

Good thing for us we didn't have to move since we were already there.

Everyone was lined up it was a total of 20 people trying out for the team.

The coach eyed us before speaking again.

"I'm coach Carter. Some of you guys will know me and some of you guys won't. First drill ya'll will be doing is shooting around the three point line. You," He pointed me out chest passing me the ball and I caught it. "Go first."

Looking down at the ball in my hands I looked at everyone watching me. I jogged over to the three point line until Coach Carter told me to start.

My first five shots didn't go in but once I start getting to the end they were swishing through. My boy Trey was hyping me on.

I was finally done and the next person went.

Today was a long day.

-

Tryouts was long and lasted for almost 3 hours.

I was currently walking up the driveway to Mariah's house my second home technically since Aubrey's is my first.

Finally at the front door, I unlocked the key she gave to me. I closed the door back lightly not forgetting to lock it.

I went to go find Mariah to say hi to her and let her know I'm here. I didn't even have to look because I entered the living room seeing Aubrey on his phone while Mariah was laid on top of him cuddling him as she was sleep.