Chapter 47

Mariah | 23

Mariah | 23

I woke up in Aubrey's arms and was happy that he was still here actually. I really do just want to get right with him again but I don't know if I can trust him. I hate that he hides little things from me.

Switching positions to face him but he was already looking down at me with his big brown eyes rubbing my back.

"How you feelin' love?"

Scratching my arm before replying. "I'm feeling a little bit better I'm still kind of tired." I laid back on his chest before closing my eyes for a little more.

"While you were sleep I hit the store to grab you a few things." He reaches over me grabbing a bag from off the dresser next to the bed. "I don't know if any of this will help so I got hella shit." He laughed letting me look through the bag.

"It's ok," I laughed along with him getting the Gingerale out the bag. Aubrey grabbed it out my hands opening it for me giving it back. "It's the thought that counts, thank you."

He nodded his head with a light smile and the room grew quiet again as he continued to rub on my sides comforting me.

I haven't seen Aubrey face to face in a month. He's been keeping his distance like I asked.

"Damn did I miss laying with you Mariah."

"So did I. I miss you all together Aubrey."

I turned my head viewing him.

"So why we can't get back together? Love, you know I'm all about you and for you. Especially in this predicament, I want to be here for you in these special moments. Mariah, you're pregnant."

"Aubrey it's not that ea-,"

"How!? How is it not— you know what let me apologize. I didn't mean to get loud. But how is it not easy? I know I fucked up with not telling you she was trying to make a move on me but baby, on my fathers soul I never did anything with that girl or anybody else since I been with you." He held his hands up in surrender then grabbing my warm hands.

I could see in his eyes that he was telling the truth and very sincere.

"Please Mariah, I'm tired of sleeping alone, or not seeing your face when I wake up and all the other shit we use to do together."

I shook my head lightly before replying. "I don't know. I'm still thinking about it."

"Aight, but let me know this now, like straight off the rip. Do you still want to be with me?"

Without any hesitation I replied quick. "Of course I still want to be with you Aubs. It's just, I think we need this break. Even though I hate the small things you hide and pull, I don't see a future without you."

Aubrey nodded his head understanding before wrapping his large arms around me giving me a warm big hug and I did the same wrapping my arms around him.

It felt really good. He whispered in my ear on how he loves me and I just enjoyed this feeling but I remember the kids were here.