Chapter 25

Aubrey | 28

The Next Day...

"Calm down baby you don't need to be stressin like this." I laughed rubbing my hand on her thigh trying to make her worry less.

"I'm not even worrying you think I am."

"Mhm sure," I mumbled driving through the kinda busy road.

We were making our way to my mothers house. Yesterday was coo but the news I found out about the Watkins had me worried a little so I had security watching over them so they could get back to me and tell me what's going on. I told DaeDae not to sell anymore but I don't know if he's taking my word for it. He also told me the guys name and I know him from when we were kids. I'm gonna have to have a conversation with him too this upcoming week.

"What are you thinking about Aubs?"

I turned towards her for a quick little second before putting my attention back on the road.

"Who says I'm thinking about something?"

"I could see it in you're eyes. I've been around you too long to know."

"It's just some shit I figured out yesterday."

"And what is that Aubs?"

"I don't need you in it love. I just need you to be by my side sitting pretty."

"I can do that and also listen to you're problems."

"Remember I told you I don't want you asking anything about my other business side? That's what I'm talking about."

"Oh."

"Yea..,"

"Is it serious though?"

"Yes to me it is. Now stop asking questions love what did I just say?"

"Ok Aubrey." She moves my hand off her thigh and scoots closer to the door.

"Nah, we not doing this right now." I shook my head

"I'm not doing anything," She shrugged her shoulders.

"You don't think I can see what you're doing like be for real Mariah." I laughed. "I'll tell you about it after this cookout if you're that interested."

We were almost at my moms house just a few more minutes before we get there.

"No don't try to tell me now,"

"Ok Anaye." I knew that she still wanted to know what I was thinking about.

It was no talking all the way to our destination. All you could hear was music playing in the background from my phone connected to the aux.

I don't know why but Mariah has been having random attitudes lately I need to see wassup with her.

Finally I was driving down the street my moms house was on. It was packed like a little I don't recognize. My niggas were coming soon. The driveway was filled so I had to park down further on the curb.

I parked making sure it was good then I turned the car off. "You know I love you right?"

"Yes Aubrey I do."

"Nah you supposed to say it back,"

"I love you too," She mumbled lowly.

"Why you playin with me? Say it louder so the whole world can hear it." I held my hand up to my ear.

"I love you too!" She yells directly in my ear.

"Yo you are so childish but listen if you feel uncomfortable tell me so we can dip ok?"