Chapter 35

Mariah | 23

Mariah | 23

                              Later that day...

"You guys got all your bags?"

"Yea! I'm about to look fly when school starts!" King says making me shake my head.

DaeDae remained quite. He hasn't said a word since he woke up. I wonder what was going through his head.

We were walking back up to the front door they had all of their bags in their hands. Aubrey's car was parked on the curb.

I unlocked the door letting them walk in first then closing it back.

Walking inside I went to the kitchen while the kids stayed in the living room looking through their bags.

Aubrey was in the kitchen sitting down in a chair eating a sandwich while talking to one of his friends on speaker.

I opened the cabinet grabbing a tea packet from out the box getting ready to make it for myself.

The kids already ate and I bought them some ice cream after they ate.

Aubrey looked up noticing my presence looking.

"Aye Roxx I'ma hit you later my lady here now." Aubrey says wiping his hands off with a napkin getting ready to hang up the phone.

"Oh shit! Wassup Mariah!" He yells through the phone.

I laughed filling up the mug with water putting the packet inside then putting it into the microwave setting it on 3 minutes.

"Hey Roxx, how are you?"

"I'm good! Staying out of trouble. But I'ma let y'all go. I'll talk to you later AG!"

Aubrey said his goodbyes and the call hung up and all you could hear was the microwave.

"You didn't have to end your call with him. Seems like you guys were having a serious conversation."

"We was but your here now and you told me we needed to talk so you got my full attention Mariah."  He stared at me showing me he was serious.

"We can talk about it once this is done."

"Aight," He nodded his head understanding. "What all they get?"

"Go in there and see,"

I could hear him smack his lips getting before up throwing his trash away walking into the living room.

My phone was vibrating in my pocket and I pulled it out seeing it was Ari calling. I quickly answered the call.

"Hey girl what's up?"

"Nothing! I'm just checking on you. Haven't spoken to you all day. You good bitch?"

"Yes I'm good!" I laughed and the microwave went off. "Are you good?"