Chapter 18

Aubrey | 28

I woke up cuddled with Mariah while I was on top of her with my good arm wrapped around her waist. It was uncomfortable a little because how my other arm was but this is the position we ended up in. I got out the bed making sure not to wake her up. Grabbing my phone from the dresser I seen I had a lot of text messages from my niggas and D. I'll respond to them later.

I went inside the bathroom doing my daily morning routine. Getting out the shower I dried myself putting lotion on my entire body. I then put my new clothes I had over here from a while ago it was just sweatpants and a white tee. I had to change my bandages. My head was hurting a little but nothing I couldn't handle I ain't feel like taking any medicine.

Walking back into the bedroom I saw Mariah texting on her phone but once she noticed my presence she put her phone away.

That's odd...

"Goodmorning," I went to my bag trying to find a fresh pair of socks to wear. "Morning." Just hear her tone made me realize we are back to square one. Clearing my throat, "Got any plans today?" I tried to make conversation. "Not really, you?"

"Me either,"

The conversation and the atmosphere was so off. "Well I'm going to take a shower," She got off the bed bringing her phone with her. This shit was messing with my head now. We can't even keep a conversation going and it's just awkward I hated it.

I tried to make myself busy while she occupied herself in the bathroom. Flipping through channels I didn't find anything I liked so I went to YouTube to watch one of her videos. I saw that she already has 2k subscribers I'm happy for her.

Binge watching her videos until she finally came out the room. With some fresh new clothes on too. She also was still typing on her phone. "Mariah can we talk?"

"I'm listening,"

"Nah, I need you're whole attention and you on your phone right now," She was aggravating me now I wanted to know who got all her attention on that damn phone where she couldn't put it down for once. "Is it that serious?"

"I'm deadass Mariah," She mumbled a fine and finally sat down. She noticed what I was playing on the TV I paused it getting up from the bed to stand in front of her. "Alright,"

"You gotta promise me what I tell you, it won't make a difference between us ok?"

"You're making me nervous Aubrey why are you talking like this?" Pacing back a forth. "You gotta promise me Anaye,"

"Ok. I promise Aubrey now what's happening?" Finally getting the courage I spilt out everything to her. The other side of my life she didn't know about until now. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you this sooner I wasn't thinking and I was being selfish by doing so."

"So that's why you be bringing a gun to my house, leave in the middle of the night, and that's probably why you had to go to Mexico and also got shot down there right?"

I nodded my head slowly. "Yes,"

"I can't forget them guys who stopped us in the grocery store! How the fuck you even own a barber shop or is that just a cover up of what you really do?" Her voice started to grow louder as she talked. "Baby, you gotta understand ever since I was young I was in the streets. Me and the boys got the shop because when we leave the game we want to be able to have something waiting for us with legal money you know?" I hope she understands.

"Aubrey my problem is why didn't tell me this sooner knowing what you do. You are literally putting me in danger, coming back and fourth in my house no telling if you actually brought drugs in here."