Chapter 41

Mariah | 23

Mariah | 23

One whole week it's been since Aubrey stopped talking to me. I don't understand why, he was being so petty for no reason. He would check up on DaeDae by calling him on his phone or texting.

The hospital discharged DaeDae so he's been staying home for a while to gain all his energy back. Already missing days at the begging of school.

But yea, me Ari, and Chubbs was now at the hospital since the doctors told us Breah woke up. We were both excited, tears of joy filled our faces.

I really wasn't surprised seeing Chubbs here. Him and Ari are stuck together like PB&J, it was cute. They making me miss my man.

"How long was I in a coma for?" Breah screeched out with her voice sounding dry like she needs some water.

"Here drink this," I passed her a unopened water bottle. "And you've been in one for some weeks it was getting ready to be a month soon."

"We were so worried about you! Like we kept coming up here every single day and the doctors told us to chill." Ari said as we all laughed at her statement.

"I can't believe he did this to me. Where is he at now?"

"We don't know, but just know he isn't gonna be bothering you anymore. Believe that."

Chubbs walked back in with a bag of skittles and chips giving it to Ari. He just came back from the vending machine.

Breah leaned over to me whispering. "Um who is that?"

"That's Ari's man, his name is Chubbs."

"What!? She finally giving a nigga a chance with her?"

"I know I said the same thing. But she seems happy with him so I'm happy. Chubbs is a really nice guy."

"Where's your man at? Why he not here?"

"We're not on the best of terms right now but anyways, a lot of stuff has changed since you've been in a coma."

I told her about everything new that has happened. She was surprised when I told her I have a kid living with me. Of course I gave her the details why and she felt so sad for him. Who wouldn't? I mean that whole thing is sad.

We talked a little more before I had left. I didn't want DaeDae staying home by himself.

I was now at the house talking to DaeDae.

"So you said he dropped some food off to you and left right after?"

"Yea, we talked for a few and he said he had to go somewhere." DaeDae said eating some fries out of his McDonald's bag.

"And he didn't tell you where he was going?"

"Nah,"

Very interesting...