Chapter 28

Aubrey | 28

Few days later...

"Aye, Mark just sent the address where that nigga  staying at." Chubbs tells me as we were sitting in the car outside the barber shop we owned.

We had to stop by just to see how it's been doing since we haven't in a while. We're just too busy with important shit. I do pop up from time to time but it's rarely.

I nodded my head looking out the front windshield taking a pull from my blunt.

"What you waiting for then? Let's do a pop up, nigga think shit sweet."

I currently wasn't driving. Sitting in the passenger side enjoying where I was at.

To be honest with you, I'm only doing this shit for Mariah. Her friend Breah always had a problem with me seems like but I didn't say shit about it because that's her friend.

Chubbs finally pulled off from the curb listening to the GPS guiding him the directions.

"Nah though, why am I just finding out you was messing with someone? You being secretive and shit."

"Nigga wasn't you doing the same thing with you're girl? And plus me and her haven't been on talking terms. The day we were at the hospital the first time I seen her in weeks."

I shook my head no because he wasn't about to play the reverse card. I laughed before responding.

"That shit is way different and what you talkin about? I was literally the first to tell you about her am I lying?"

"Yea yea you right." The car slows down as the light turned yellow but we made it through before it could turn red.

"I know, you just talkin out ya ass, but why y'all stopped talkin?"

He waited a few seconds before answering scratching his head.

"I was talkin to her and another chick at the same time."

"Damn! How she find out?" I asked wondering because this story was getting interesting now.

Driving, we were about to enter a gated community lucky I already knew these house and know one of the workers that worked here.

"Well you know her, always snooping around and shit. I was just trying to see the other girls vibes. I met her before Ari,"

We rode up to the gate seeing a guy sitting in the chair with a bored look. When he saw us everything change.

"Aye! Is that really you?"

My face turned into a grin. "Of course nigga in the flesh," I reached my hand out over Chubbs dapping the guy up and he accepted.

"Where you been at?"

"I've been working getting this money. But aye, you tryna let us in?"

"Who you visiting?"

"Some girl, enough with the questions though open the gate we in a rush." I said knowing what I just said was a lie.

He backed up from the car putting his hands up in surrender. "My bad AG you know I'm just doing my job but I got you!" He returns to the booth pressing the button and the gate slowly opens.

We waited for the gate as it was finally open.

Taking some money out of my pocket I pulled out two hundred dollar bills.

"Aye Chenzo, taking this." I give Chubbs the money so he could pass it over to him through the window.

"You know I can't take th-,"