Chapter 32

Aubrey | 28

Aubrey | 28

"It's colder than a bitch out here," I say as a large cloud escapes my mouth. I got into my car hurrying and starting the engine turning the heat on.

Today was one of the coldest days in Atlanta. But it was surprisingly because last week it was just hot.

Baka called me at like 10 p.m. at night telling me to come to the spot. I was literally on my way to Mariah's house but I had to turn around and go all the way across town.

DaeDae was with my mother for the night. I told her everything that happened and she didn't hesitate to help us and watch him. I told her I appreciate it a lot.

Not gonna lie to you, my mental has been all over the place for a couple days now. Haven't got that much sleep at all since all the information I found out.

I wanted to get to the bottom on this but it wasn't gonna be that easy. Whoever did this shit covered up their trace real good.

Shaking my head to stop thinking about the negative I pulled off heading to the spot.

My body was literally so weak but I had to push through it. I'm a man and need to get over this shit.

My priorities was making sure everyone was straight and good before me.

That's just how I always been.

My music from my speakers stopped and my phone started going off through the whole car. Looking down it was Mariah calling me.

I quickly answered the call already hearing her voice yapping through the car.

"Where are you Aubrey?"

"I'm headed to the spot right now,"

"Why? I thought you were on your way to me."

My car came to a stop as the light was red. I smiled lightly at what she just said.

"I thought I was too, but Baka called me tellin me to pull through."

"Must be serious than."

I nodded my head back to her acting like she could see me.

The light finally turned green and put my foot on the gas going down the street.

It was silent for a while before Mariah spoke up again.

"Aubs?"

"Yes love?"

"Are you ok?"

"Why'd you ask that?"

"Well because you're not even talking back and your energy just seems a little off."

"I'm good love, I promise. I'm just tired as hell."

"You remember we had a talk about this right?" She replies while making noise in the background.

"What you mean,"