Chapter 31

DaeDae | 14

"Where we goin?" I questioned Drizzy as he told me to get ready

"We about to shoot hoops. Me, you, and the guys."

"Ok bet!" I jumped up from the couch. "We playin for bread?" He laughed at what I said. "You don't got no money DaeDae."

He walks out my room going into the kitchen.

It was only me and him here. Mariah went somewhere with her friend Ari I think?

"Who don't?" I pulled out a wad of cash out of my pockets showing him the money.

"Where the fuck you get that from?"

"When I was selling," I shrugged my shoulders putting it back inside.

"So exactly what I said, you don't got no money."

I shook my head walking back to my room to put the money I had with me in the drawer. I also grabbed my neon green Kobe's. Making my way back inside the kitchen.

"It's still money, you trippin."

"Nah nigga. You trippin. That's dirty money."

"Alright than I'll clean it." I threw my arms up before walking to his car. "Damn," I mumbled.

I took out my phone trying to see if my calls and text would go through this time and Landon and my mom still wasn't picking up.

She wouldn't just up and leave me right?

I started to play with my hair just thinking about this predicament I'm in right now. I really do miss them but they clearly don't give a fuck about me because they would've been tried to contact me.

My thoughts were taken away as I heard the car door opening seeing Drake getting inside.

"Hold this," He handed me a basketball and a water bottle. "What was you thinkin about just now?"

"Nothing. I was just in a trance."

"Talk to me DaeDae, I know you lying." He starts pulling out his driveway looking back to see if any cars were coming.

"Should be obvious, I'm thinking and my mom and brothers."

We started driving down the street.

"Oh."

I turned my head looking his way. "Why you saying it like that? Did you find anything out? You did promise me you would tell me any information you get."

"I still haven't found out any information yet. Still lookin and shit. Just know everybody got they ears and eyes open."

"Alright bro," I mumbled out laying my head on the window.

I had a weird feeling about something but I don't know if it's just me overthinking and being worried.

Music started playing through his loud car speakers.