CHAPTER 14

Old Master Park was busy entertaining the bustling guests, so he didn't have any extra energy to worry over Park Jimin and Rosè Jang like he had last time.

Knowing that, Park Jimin got away with only holding his gift for Old Master Park in his hand as soon as he had parked the car, and walked toward the yard without waiting for Rosè Jang.

When Rosè Jang walked into the villa with her gift, Park Jimin had already started talking to Old Master Park.

Although there was a certain distance between them and her, and the crowd was noisy, Rosè Jang still could hear their conversation clearly.

"Where's Jane?"

"She just met a friend in the yard."

Rosè Jang stopped her steps toward Old Master Park, and glanced around to find a friend of Yoon Jane's to talk yo.

She didn't greet or give her gift to Old Master Park until Park Jimin had walked away from him.

They hadn't seen each other for a long time, so Old Master Park was very happy and had much to talk about with her. Until another friend came to greet him, Rosè Jang didn't have a chance to walk away.

For the first time since Rosè Jang had began disguising herself as Yoon Jane, she was very prudent for fear of any flaws or contradictions that could be seen through.

Fortunately, she had a good memory, and she was smart enough that she knew who was close with and who didn't get along well with Yoon Jane. Besides, she was trained to imitate the way Yoon Jane moved and spoke when she was chosen to be her substitute, so she could deal with such occasions easily. She knew who to hug warmly and who to sneer at.

After making small talk with the wife of Yoon Jane's elder cousin, she saw Yoon Jane's mother chatting with several of the wealthy wives.

As her "daughter," she walked towards her subconsciously. However, when she moved, she saw Yoon Jane's cousin, Choi Jeongyeon.

Rosè Jang had already learned from Wang Momo that Yoon Jane hated Choi Jeongyeon the most, although they shared the same blood.

Wang Momo didn't tell her why they hated each other so much, but from what she had told her, Rosè Jang inferred that Yoon Jane was the one who had started the fight with Choi Jeongyeon, which had ended with Yoon Jane losing. With the same story being repeated again and again, it seemed to become a habit of Yoon Jane's to look for trouble with Choi Jeongyeon, though she knew she couldn't win. Therefore, to make herself seem more like Yoon Jane, Rosè Jang pretended to quarrel with Choi Jeongyeon each time they met.

Honestly speaking, Rosè Jang really couldn't get used to asking for trouble, so as soon as she saw Choi Jeongyeon, she turned around and left, pretending that she hadn't seen her.

However, someone stopped her when she had only taken several steps.

"Sister Jane?" The one who shouted was probably not sure if she was Rosè Jang from the back, so her voice was somewhat uncertain and hesitant.

Why couldn't she stay away from those she hated to see?

Hearing that voice, she got a headache as an instinctive physical reaction. She pretended not to hear her and sped up her pace, trying to escape from this troublesome situation as soon as possible.

However, the person who had shouted at her raised her voice and shouted "Sister Jane" again, leaving her no chance to walk away. Then she had walked towards Rose Jang with her high heels clattering more and more loudly with each passing second.

Now she couldn't escape... Rosè Jang frowned, then turned around with a smiling face and said, "Jeongyeon."

"It's really you, Sister Jane. I called your name several times, but you didn't respond. I thought I had the wrong person," Choi Jeongyeon said, making an aggrieved face.

Rosè Jang had met Choi Jeongyeon several times under the identity of Yoon Jane, so she knew that she must have wanted to embarrass her with something she knew if she was talking to her directly.

She complained mentally that these two sisters had too much time to quarrel with each other, but still squeezed out a smile and said, "It's a bit messy and noisy with so many people in the room, so I couldn't hear you."

She thought Choi Jeongyeon would find issue with that, but this time, she was nice. "Well... yes, it's noisy indeed."

Saying that, she held Rose Jang's arm as if she was afraid of her rejection, and led her towards the people that she just been chatting with. "Sister, we haven't seen you for a long time, and we all miss you. Come over and chat with us."

When she got closer to them, she finally realized that they were talking about their husbands.

"My husband went to France a few days ago and bought me a handbag. See, it's ugly. These men have bad taste," a chubby woman standing in front of Rosè Jang pointed at her limited-edition handbag and said with a seemingly annoyed face. It was clear that her true purpose was showing it off.

"I thought only my husband had bad taste, but it turns out that they're all the same. See, my necklace, the diamond's too big..." An elderly woman touched the necklace she was wearing and stopped at the sparkling blue diamond deliberately.

Immediately afterwards, the woman standing next to Rosè Jang said embarrassedly, "They are, indeed! My husband buys me gifts every time he goes on a business trip. The shoes I'm wearing now, they were nearly a million, but it's a pity that they don't match any of my dresses."

"I see, mine are the same."

For men, a young and beautiful wife could bring them glory.

For women, a loving husband could bring them admiration.

These women seemed to talk in a harmonious and enjoyable atmosphere, when in fact, they were just showing off and comparing themselves to each other.

Choi Jeongyeon hadn't gotten married and didn't even have a boyfriend, but she complimented them like a sweet girl.

"Sister Sun, your husband is so good to you!"

"Sister Yang, those shoes are very pretty."

"Aunt Song, you look so gorgeous in this dress!"

Only Rose Jang stayed silent with a gentle smile.

As for Rosè Jang , the man she had loved for years had married another woman and forgotten who she was, so she had nothing to be proud of.

As Yoon Jane, the man she had married hated her and never regarded her as his wife. He was unwilling to see her, let alone give her gifts.

She had nothing to say to them, so she felt a bit awkward and looked around for an excuse to leave. However, Choi Jeongyeon, who was holding her arm, suddenly turned her head and whispered, "Sister Jane, I saw you today, on my way here."

Rosè Jang was shocked, a bad feeling of foreboding overwhelming her.

"I left home at three o'clock, and I observed you in the car for a long time..." Saying that, Choi Jeongyeon smirked. "Sister Jane, it was so hot out there, why was Brother Jimin so ruthless to make you wait in a sketchy alley for such a long time?"

Like she had thought, her awkwardness when she had been waiting for Park Jimin had been seen by Choi Jeongyeon. It turned out that she was mocking her for being snubbed and treated badly by Park Jimin.

Her fingertips trembled in anger, but the emotionless look remained on her face.

"Besides, my sister, I saw that Brother Jimin said nothing to you after you got in the car, and he didn't wait for you to get out when you arrived here..."

Choi Jeongyeon didn't finish her words, because the chubby woman who had just showed off her handbag suddenly said to her, "Jeongyeon, what are you whispering about?"

"Nothing, nothing important." Choi Jeongyeon immediately turned her head, and simpered at the women who were looking at them, "You all talk about gifts, so I asked Sister Jane what gifts Brother Jimin had bought her."

Since these people had come to celebrate the birthday of Old Master Park, their purpose was to have a good relationship with the Park Family. Therefore, a simple word from Choi Jeongyeon had directed the attention of these wealthy wives to Rosè Jang.