CHAPTER 162

Old Master Park, who had remained silent from the moment that he heard those words until now, suddenly raised his cane and whacked it hard three times on the wall beside him.

"Old Mate Yoon, the Park family will not stay here any longer. If we did, the flesh and blood of our Park family would suffer! This is your granddaughter, and I have no claim to manage her. I'll leave it to you to decide for yourself!"

After speaking, Old Master Park looked at each and every Park family member, from one to the other across the room.

"What are you all still doing here? Let's go!"

At his command, each member of the Park family immediately followed Old Master Park all the way to the elevator. Upon entering, Old Master Park looked for a moment at Rosè Jang, who was leaning in Park Jimin's arms with stinging and bloodshot eyes from the wasabi. Holding back a stream of tears, Rosè Jang appeared pitiful and even ill.

Old Master Park moved his lips and subconsciously wanted to offer her comfort but, when the words came to him, he could not bring himself to say them. Eventually, he turned his face away and looked toward one side.

When the elevator door opened, Old Master Park's gaze curiously flitted back to Rosè Jang. Coincidentally, she was also looking at him, and their eyes met. Stunned for a moment, Old Master Park immediately assumed a poker face. Without giving it much thought, he said to Rosè Jang, "Don't think too much of this. I wasn't defending you earlier; I was defending the reputation of the Park family!" Old Master Park then quickly walked away without waiting for Nanny Shin to support him.

......

With such a ridiculous drama at his 80th birthday celebration, Old Master Park's spirits must be deflated...

Nanny Shin was covertly surveying Old Master Park as they drove away from the Peking Hotel. After a short distance, he broke his stare out the window and suddenly asked, "Nina, do you still have the contact details for the person who caused the car accident last Korean New Year?"

Nanny Shin was stunned for a moment, as this question was so unexpected, but she eventually replied, "Yes."

"Give him a call. Meet him..." Old Master Park paused briefly before continuing. "...Let's meet him later today."

......

When Rosè Jang went to the restroom, Park Jimin walked out of the Peking Hotel, leaned against a lamppost by the road, and lit a cigarette. Barely halfway through his cigarette, Park Jimin saw Wang Momo through the smoke while he was watching for Rosè Jangto exit the hotel.

She had obviously already spotted him before he noticed her, as her gaze was already fixed on him. Park Jimin quickly retracted his gaze, lowered his eyes, and leisurely took a puff from his cigarette. A perfect circle came out of his nose with his breath. Before the smoke could fully dissipate, Wang Momo, who had originally been standing at the entrance of the hotel, had already walked over and stopped a foot away from him.

Many times when things happen, we cannot wrap our heads around them. But when we quiet down and think through them afterward, it's not impossible to understand matters.

Wang Momo stared fixedly at Park Jimin for a long time before asking, "You bribed the attendant, didn't you?"

As if he hadn't heard her, Park Jimin smoothly brought his cigarette up to his lips, took another casual puff on it, and exhaled without responding.

"You already knew that Mr. Yang was married, right?" In the face of Park Jimin's silence, Wang Momo asked again.

Wang Momo knew that Park Jimin didn't care about her, so she continued without hesitation. "The balloons outside the window were just bait—they weren't really intended to surprise Old Master Park; they were meant to lure everyone to that room... Jane had already shut the door. You were the one who sent someone to crack it open, am I correct?"