CHAPTER 49

He looked at her for a while. The more he looked, the more he felt her eyes resembled Yoon Jane's. They were both big and as black as obsidian.

If there was any difference between her and Yoon Jane, it was that Yoon Jane liked to wear makeup, while she didn't wear any. The clothes she wore were not as luxurious and glamorous as Yoon Jane's. She wore her straight hair down, which made her eyes more clear and purer than Yoon Jane's.

Jeon Jungkook saw Park Jimin staring at Rosè Jang without saying anything for a while so he came up to ask him, "Why aren't you talking?"

Park Jimin didn't notice that Rosè Jang and Lisa Lim had finished their song "Back to December" until Jeon Jungkook reminded him. He wondered when they had finished singing.

Park Jimin slightly frowned. How could I daze off by staring at a girl I just met? he thought to himself.

"What's wrong?" Jeon Jungkook didn't get any response from Park Jimin, so he waved his hand in front of his face to get his attention. It might have been because of the alcohol that Jeon Jungkook talked more recklessly than usually. "Has your soul been stolen by Bambam's wife's bestie?"

Park Jimin acted like he had heard a bad joke. He laughed in a low pitch and said, "It has nothing to do with me if she's pretty or not. Don't bullsh*t me."

"Me, bullsh*tting you? Who dazed off—" Jeon Jungkook wanted to argue with Park Jimin with the help of the alcohol. However, Park Jimin gave him a dirty look before he could finish talking.

Park Jimin asked, "Are you done? You look like you have nothing to do. Why are you talking to someone who's not even important? If you're interested in her, you can go talk to her. Don't bullsh*t me. I'm not interested."

...

Lisa Lim was pulled into Bambam's arms after singing the song. Bambam passed her a glass of juice to help her throat.

Lisa Lim looked for kisses in Bambam's arms.

Rose Jang was too shy to watch, so she turned around, walked to the table, and took a seat.

The room seemed to be quieter than before, since there was no one singing or any music playing at that moment, only loud noises from people convincing each other to drink more.

Rosè Jang reached her hand out to grab herself some juice. She had good ears, so she heard Jeon Jungkook's say, "What's wrong? Has your soul been stolen by the bestie of Bambam's wife's bestie?"

She thought to herself, The bestie of Bambam's wife? Is that me?

Rosè Jang stopped herself from grabbing the juice. Instead, she turned around to look for Jeon Jungkook's voice. She found Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook sitting close to her.

There was a guy in between them. He was playing a card game, so engaged in it that he wasn't paying attention to Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook.

She picked a corner of the room to sit in. With a guy in between them, Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook didn't notice her. They continued their talk. In fact, they talked in a low pitch. If there had been music, Rosè Jang wouldn't have heard them even if she wanted to eavesdrop.

"It has nothing to do with me if she's pretty or not. Don't bullsh*t me."

"Me, bullsh*tting you? Who dazed off—"

"Are you done? You look like you have nothing to do. Why are you talking to someone who's not even important? If you're interested in her, you can go talk to her. Don't bullsh*t me. I'm not interested."

It seemed that Jeon Jungkook could tell Park Jimin was annoyed, so he dropped the topic and moved onto something else.

Rosè Jang quietly watched Park Jimin's face from the side. She stopped paying attention to their conversation, what Park Jimin had said to Jeon Jungkook still lingering in her head.