CHAPTER 117

He actually asked her to drink on his behalf?

A chairman actually asked his secretary to drink on his behalf?

Holding onto her wine glass, Yoon Jane's fingers began to tremble.

Park Jimin and Rosè Jang walked past her toward the table on her right. In the sea of noise, she clearly heard Park Jimin ask in a low voice, "Tired?"

"No."

"This is the last table. After this toast, I'll get Yoongi to escort you to the lounge upstairs for a rest."

After that, they had walked far enough away that she couldn't clearly hear Rosè Jang's reply. When she turned her head around, she spotted them standing close together, exchanging small talk with the guests at a nearby table.

This scene was one she had yearned for in her dreams. For many years, she had longed to be the one standing next to him and entertaining guests as a couple. He had never given her the chance, yet Rosè Jang took on that role so effortlessly.

Yoon Jane's fingers now trembled visibly, and the smile that she had tried so hard to maintain gradually disappeared from her face.

The table on the right of the main table was their last stop. After they toasted with the guests there, Park Jimin and Rosè Jang returned to their seats.

Minutes after Park Jimin sat down, Min Yoongi returned to the banquet hall.

Before Min Yoongi could take his seat, Park Jimin called him over. "Is the card to the lounge with you? Pass it to Rosè over there."

To avoid arousing Min Yoongi's suspicion, Rosè Jang intentionally included the words "over there." He obeyed and walked over to Rosè Jang with the card.

Park Jimin gave his orders to Min Yoongi in a low voice but, being seated next to him, Yoon Jane could clearly hear him.

Yoon Jane wasn't in the mood to pick apart all of his words. Her focus had narrowed in on the words "lounge" and "Rosè."

He actually gave his lounge card to that substitute? Back when she took the liberty to move into his room, he didn't even want his luggage anymore.

Unable to control herself, Yoon Jane clenched her teeth.

Sometime later, Park Jimin's tobacco craving kicked in and, after getting a lighter from Jeon Jungkook, he rose and left the banquet hall.

As he disappeared through the door on the north end, Yoon Jane turned to sneak a glance at Qin Rosè Jang table.

With a radiant smile, she was talking to her friend while getting up from her seat. Holding her purse and the lounge card, she headed for the elevator.

Is she joining Park Jimin in the lounge?

Yoon Jane let her glass hit the table hard when she put it down. Chatting next to her, both Old Master Park and Old Master Yoon turned around.

"Jane, what's wrong?"

Realizing she'd called attention to herself, Yoon Jane hastily suppressed her rage and turned toward both men with a forced smile and said, "Nothing. I just misjudged."

The old masters resumed their conversation and, with gritted teeth, Yoon Jane rose from her seat clutching her purse and stomped in the direction that Rosè Jang had gone.

I'm going to find her.

I'm going to warn her to leave Park Jimin immediately.

And I will remind her not to forget our previous agreement and that I was the one to take care of her father's gambling debt.