CHAPTER 190

No one knew whether to cry or laugh as they watched Little Peanut. Rosè Jang waved her hands and signaled for Jang Soobin to take her before she pulled Lisa Lim over to take a seat on the sofa.

"Lately, Little Peanut has mastered the skill of controlling her uncle." Lisa Lim lifted the cup of black tea that the butler had served and took a sip.

Rosè Jang looked down and smiled slightly. "When Jimin and I went on our honeymoon, we'd left her in Soobin's care. Who would have expected things to turn out like this? We simply couldn't do anything with her. You have no idea. Some time ago, Jimin was busy and so I called Soobin to come with Little Peanut and me to meet her teacher where she'll be attending classes. Soobin merely spoke a few words with the teacher before Little Peanut snagged an opportunity to bite the teacher..."

"Pfft!" Lisa Lim, who was sipping her tea, could not help but burst out laughing.

Rosè Jang, who was seated beside her, took a side glance at her and, as if she was reminded of something, she changed the subject. "Alright, enough about Little Peanut. Let's talk about you. Do you know who the biggest investor is behind your spa?"

Lisa Lim pulled out a tissue and was about to wipe tea from the corner of her lips when she heard Rosè Jang's question. She paused for a moment before she slowly wiped away the liquid from her lips and shook her head as she replied to Rosè Jang, "I have no idea."

"Doesn't he ever attend any annual meetings or team-building events?" Rosè Jang gradually frowned as curiosity grew in her heart.

"He never..." Lisa Lim paused for a moment before she continued. "Not to mention the annual meeting and team events, he doesn't even attend meetings with upper management where the critical decisions are made. He rejects video conference calls. We don't even know his email address. We're completely clueless about him."

"Your boss is a weirdo..." Rosè Jang could not help but complain before she raised her cup of tea from the coffee table and drank some. Turning her head, she noticed Lisa Lim looking down at her cell phone. Thinking that she was chatting with the friend whom she'd met through the game, she asked, "Is there any development between you and that online friend of yours? What's his name again? Zero?"

Lisa Lim paused her typing on the keyboard and, after several moments, she said in a low voice, "No. Zero Degrees is just a friend I know over the internet. He did help me out a fair bit, but other than that we haven't interacted much. Nothing will develop between us."

"You're no longer young. You should think about settling down. You can't possibly stay single like this for your whole life." Rosè Jang was unaware of the things that had happened between Lisa Lim and Jeon Jungkook and, as she spoke, she could not help but sigh in regret. "I initially thought that there would be some sparks between you and Brother Jungkook. To think that neither of you are attracted to each other and after helping each other out, you went your separate ways when you no longer need each other..."

Jungkook...

Lisa Lim couldn't remember how long it had been since she'd heard this name. Rosè Jang's sudden mention of him dazed her. Before she could get a grip on her emotions, the butler, who had gone into the courtyard moments ago, ran back. Standing by the door, he said, "Madam, Mr. Park is here."

"Speak of the devil." Rosè Jang smiled and rose from her seat. Before she could walk over to receive him, though, Jeon Jungkook had already stepped into the house.

After hearing the words "Jeon Jungkook," Lisa Lim was stunned. She gently retracted her gaze from the view outside the window but, before she could decide where she wanted to look, she caught sight of Jeon Jungkook out of the corner of her eye, the first time she'd seen him in a long time. They'd completely lost touch since the day they had divorced last year.