CHAPTER 140

"Old Master Park owes the Yoon family two lives. Jane likes Brother Jimin, and Grandpa Yoon had visited the Park family personally to propose for their union. How could the Old Master dare to reject...

"Do you know what Old Master Yoon said when he approached Old Master Park? He said, 'Old mate Park, I've never asked you for anything in my life. I never even accepted the Park Company shares that you wanted to give me back then. I only ask for one thing from you. I only have one precious granddaughter and she likes Jimin ...'

"Now that he's said this, what else can Old Master Park say? Obviously he had to agree..."

Jeon Jungkook took a deep breath. "Say, why did I mention this to you all of a sudden?"

"Rosè , just forget I ever said anything about this. Brother Jimin does not appreciate others gossiping about him. It's just that I feel terrible after seeing how Brother Jimin looked when I went to the hospital today..."

"Rosè?" Sensing that Rosè Jang had drifted off, Jeon Jungkook called out to her.

Sliding back into the present, Rosè Jang shot him a smile. "I feel like what you're telling me is more like a story in an opera than a real life."

Jeon Jungkook laughed slightly and then quickly drank two large glasses of cold tea to soothe his dry throat and mouth from talking so much.

Changing the subject, Rosè Jang and Jeon Jungkook continued to chat while they ate their food. Jeon Jungkook even asked her if Lisa Lim had contacted her.

Rosè Jang let him know that Lisa was currently at Japan and that her mood seemed to have improved significantly when she'd talked to her earlier in the afternoon.

"Ooh," Jeon Jungkook replied with a hint of delight in his eyes. He shared with her a recent scandal at Japan about an athlete's extramarital affair and how the athlete's wife had chosen to forgive him. Reflecting on the story now that he'd retold it, he asked Rosè Jang , "Do all women choose forgiveness when their man is unfaithful?"

Rosè Jang tried to be objective. "It's hard to say. Most women may choose to forgive for the sake of a child. But... some people draw the line at infidelity and might not be able to accept and forgive. However... you do know that when a couple has gone through thick and thin for such a long time, some habits may already be ingrained in them, making it hard for them to break up..."

The trace of a smile in Jeon Jungkook's eyes after he had heard about Lisa Lim's improved spirits slowly disappeared upon hearing Rosè Jang's words.

After a long time, he finally replied, "Oh." And with her own set of worries, Rosè Jang didn't speak any further. Their table was silent for a long time.

When Jeon Jungkook beckoned for the waiter to settle the bill, Rosè Jang looked up. Staring at him, she asked, "Brother Jungkook, between love and kinship, which would you choose?"

"Why would you ask this all of a sudden?"

"No reason. It's just a random thought that I have after hearing about Master Park's story just now."

After pondering for a long time, Jeon Jungkook eventually said, "I'm not sure how to choose since the incident did not happen to me. But I suppose I would choose kinship."

"Yes, kinship..." Rosè Jang nodded her head in agreement. After a moment, she spoke again in a faint voice, "I will also let him choose kinship."

"Huh? What'd you say?" Jeon Jungkook asked quizzically.

"It's nothing." Looking up, she smiled at him as she shook her head. "Brother Jungkook , thanks for treating me to dinner tonight."

After paying the check, Rosè Jang and Jeon Jungkook left together. Not wanting him to drive her home, she asked him to drop her off at the subway station near the hotel.