CHAPTER 129

Park Jimin casually glanced at Rosè Jang and noticed her cradling her water glass with her head down thinking about something. After a while, he shook his head at Jeon Jungkook, who silently stood up, quickly walked around the coffee table, and walked out of the living room.

"Bambam, how could you treat me this way? Do you know I went to the steamed bun restaurant by A High School? They taste the same as they have tasted forever. Your name you carved on that ancient tree at school was still there. I could see every spot where you and I had made a memory. Do you know I had one thought when I walked around the school? The guy I loved so much is dead now." Lisa Lim's throat was coarse after having cried so much.

Bambam was shedding tears, too, as Lisa Lim talked about their old memories. He tried to say something but couldn't through his sobbing. Both Rose Jang and Park Jimin felt increasingly more awkward.

When Rosè Jang couldn't take it anymore, she put down her glass, and Park Jimin looked at her knowing exactly how she felt. He asked, "Should we get out of this apartment and take a walk?"

"Okay." Rosè Jang pointed at her own bedroom and said, "Let me get a coat first."

Park Jimin nodded at her without saying anything. When she came back out with her coat, Park Jimin was not in the living room, but the argument and crying had become more intense in Lisa Lim's bedroom.

Rosè quickly walked to the apartment door and changed her shoes. When she opened the door, she saw Park Jimin smoking by the elevator.

...

Park Jimin and Rosè Jang walked out of the building, but there was no sign of Jeon Jungkook.

It was already spring, but the evenings were still chilly. Park Jimin took his car key out of his pocket, unlocked the car, and pointed. "Let's sit in the car for a while."

"Okay." Rosè Jang smiled at him and walked to the car. She had planned to sit in the back, but Park Jimin had already reached his hand out and opened the passenger door for her. Not wanting to turn him down, Rosè Jang tucked herself in and got in the passenger seat.

Park Jimin walked around the front of the car and got in the driver seat. After closing his door, they remained quiet in the confined space.

The longer they sat in silence the more awkward Rosè Jang felt. Park Jimin turned on the radio and, thanks to Min Yoongi having driven the car yesterday, the channel was set on soothing music that eased the atmosphere.

Rosè Jang thought he would sit like this with her until Bambam and Lisa Lim finished their talk; however, after a while, Park Jimin suddenly said, "That day, were you really on a blind date in Busan?"

Rosè Jang was shocked by Park Jimin's question. After a few seconds, she realized which day he was referring to—the day she went to see Mr. S and ran into Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook.

Jeon Jungkook had joked with her about her being on a blind date that day, and Park Jimin must have overheard it.

Rosè Jang immediately shook her head and said, "No."

Of course, Park Jimin had known that she was not there for a blind date that day. He had asked these questions only to convince her that he was completely unaware of her activities.

Park Jimin leaned back into his chair and, although it was a subtle movement, he exuded elegance. "Mm," he replied casually. Pausing briefly, he wanted to ask, "Then why were you there that day?" But before he could, Rosè Jang turned over and said, "I was there to meet a friend."

Frowning, he turned and took one glance at her before assuming a composed expression. Picking up from where she had stopped, he asked, "What friend?"

"Hmm..." To make the atmosphere less tense, Rosè Jang sincerely pondered for a way to describe Mr. S. "A friend I've never met in person."