CHAPTER 79

"Oh, right, after I text you, you can light up the fireworks first and play the music when it reaches the end. Ask the singer to walk out and start to sing as the fireworks start. And get the microphone hooked up. When you're in the backyard, be careful, don't let the little troublemaker notice you—"

Park Jimin was lost in his thoughts. He gave Jeon Jungkook orders as he remembered them.

Jeon Jungkook focused primarily on the third order Park Jungkook had just mentioned. He didn't understand it for a while. He had needed to catch a flight that was so early he barely even had his eyes open now. However, suddenly, he opened his eyes wide. He was so shocked it looked like his eyes would pop out. He interrupted Park Jimin to say, "Now? Are you asking me to invite the original singer of the song of 'If It's You'?"

"Yes, right now," Park Jimin confirmed. He looked like he was worried Jeon Jungkook hadn't understood what he had said and said firmly, "No matter where she is, how much I have to pay her, or whether we have to fly her over on a private jet, you have to invite her here."

"Are you serious? You're just planning on telling her that you like her, so what's the point of..." Jeon Jungkook commented. Before he could finish speaking, Park Jimin shot a look at him that scared him and made him stumble. Jeon Jungkook forced what he wanted to say down and neglected to say, "Just proposing. Why would you try so hard and spend so much money just to invite a singer?"

Instead, he said "Right, you're right. You're definitely right. A proposal of Master Park's should not just be okay. We should invite her, but time is tight. If we have enough time, we should invite her to the Bird's Nest to have a concert there."

Park Jimin suddenly didn't feel like talking. He waved at Jeon Jungkook and signaled for him to leave.

Jeon Jungkook sprang up from the sofa and walked out of the office. As he pulled the door open, he was lost in thought for a second and gave his blessings to Park Jimin, since he was like his real brother. "Bro Jimin, I wish you good luck tonight."

Park Jimin curled his lips up slightly. He was rarely this polite. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Jeon Jungkook reached his hand out to the door knob. As his hand had just touched it, he heard Park Jimin speak again. "Are you sure that everything is ready?"

"Yes," Jeon Jungkook said.

Didn't Park Jimin normally have the confidence to overcome any obstacle? Why was he so concerned?

After Jeon Jungkook answered Park Jimin, he saw that Park Jimin was genuinely worried. He said, "Do you want to role play it to practice? I can pretend to be Jane."

A second before, Park Jimin had seemed unsure of whether everything would be fine, but he snorted the second after he heard Jeon Jungkook's suggestion. He said, "I'm sorry. I don't feel any romance when I face you."

What the heck! Who the f*ck wants to be romantically involved with this guy? Jeon Jungkook thought to himself.

Park Jimin didn't look at Park Jimin at all. He simply wrenched open the office door and left.

The office fell back into silence. Park Jimin had planned everything well, but he still felt like he could have done it better.

No matter how confident a person was, the more one cared about another person, the less confident one felt when it came to love.

Park Jimin took the ring, looked at it carefully for a while, and then took a deep breath with his eyes closed and began to talk to himself.

In the past few days, he had rehearsed the words that he would say to propose to her that night numerous times in his head. He could even recite the words backward fluently, but he didn't know why he was so nervous after receiving the ring. He even forgot the carefully prepared words halfway through several times when he rehearsed to himself.