CHAPTER 144

Min Yoongi had said all he wanted to say.

The room fell into an eerie silence.

Park Jimin leaned against the headrest of his bed and stared out into the pitch-black darkness beyond the window. His expression did not let on that he had heard anything out of the ordinary.

Min Yoongi could not tell what Park Jimin was thinking about, but certain thoughts kept swimming in his own mind. While he yearned to say them, he did not have the courage to do so,

He knew that Master Park did not like Yoon Jane, but because the Park family had always been on good terms with the Yoon family, even if Master Park was always mean to Yoon Jane, he had never gone overboard. This was largely because Old Master Park had owed his life to both Old Master Yoon and Yoon Jane.

In terms of family background, Secretary Jang would not be able to compare with Yoon Jane. In terms of her relationship with Old Master Park, it seems that she could not compare with Yoon Jane either.

As Min Yoongi depended on Master Park for his livelihood, there were certain matters that he did not dare to interfere with.

Min Yoongi had a long internal struggle as he stood before Park Jimin. Eventually, with his teeth clenched and his mind prepared to receive a lashing from Park Jimin, he broke the silence once more.

"Master Park, I know that I am not in a position to pass judgement about Ms. Yoon, but it should be clear to you that there is no reason for Wang Momo to make things difficult for Secretary Jang out of the blue. Ms. Yoon probably had a part to play in this."

Upon hearing these words, the unresponsive Park Jimin sneered coldly, "Do I need you to tell me that?"

Min Yoongi's head hung down and he spoke no further.

Silence filled the room once more.

Park Jimin casually placed his hand on the arm rest of the hospital bed and drummed his fingers rhythmically, creating a rapping sound that was strikingly clear in the quiet room. Once... twice... For some reason, the sound made Min Yoongi panic.

After a long time, Park Jimin finally stopped rapping and lifted his head to peek at Min Yoongi. "Contact Mr. Kim Taehyung and arrange for me to meet with him as soon as possible."

"Mr. Kim Taehyung ?" Min Yoongi asked hesitantly.

Park Jimin was aware of the reason behind his uncertainty.

If the problem weren't so dire, he would not want to have much to do with Mr. Kim Taehyung, who was more powerful than Brother Jeong and wielded some 80 percent of control over the shady underworld.

If he were to step in to deal with the matter, they will undoubtedly be kept apprised of the situation on Brother Jeong's end. This was akin to gaining knowledge about Wang Momo 's and Yoon Jane's subsequent moves.

He who has a thorough knowledge of the enemy and himself is bound to win in all battles.

As this thought crossed his mind, Park Jimin looked up and glanced at Min Yoongi . Speaking much more solemnly than before, he said, "Proceed according to my instructions."

"Yes, Master Park." Seeing Park Jimin's resolution, Min Yoongi agreed.

As it was already very late, Min Yoongi proceeded to take his leave. Park Jimin didn't stop him, but he quickly recalled that he had yet to contact Rosè Jang. He spoke again as Min Yoongi was about to walk through the door. "Drop Secretary Jang a text to inform her that I have regained consciousness."

......

The next day, Min Yoongi informed Park Jimin that Mr. Kim Taehyung had scheduled to meet with him on Friday.