CHAPTER 131

Bambam opened his mouth, but no words came out.

Jeon Jungkook leaned back in his chair and sat there for a while. Eventually, he got up and stumbled to the restroom.

The room became deadly quiet. Bambam finally broke the silence, asking in a low voice, "Bro Jimin, do you think I'm a jerk and not manly?"

Before Park Jimin could answer, Bambam continued talking. "You must look down on me. I'm not stupid. I can tell. Since you've learned about me and Choi Jeongyeon, you haven't wanted to hang out with me anymore. You don't want to sit on the chair I pull out for you. You don't want to drink the wine I pour for you either."

Bambam sighed in confusion and sadness. After a while, he said, "Bro Jimin, I'm glad that you came tonight. I appreciate it that you still care about me."

Park Jimin had been quiet since he had walked into the room. He put down the wine bottle and looked seriously at Bambam. "I didn't come here for you."

What Jeon Jungkook had said to Bambam was hurtful, but what Park Jimin just said hurt even more. Bambam was upset. He took a few sips of wine before asking, "Bro Jimin, then what are you here for?"

Park Jimin went straight to the point. "Was I friends with Rosè Jang in high school? Were we close?"

"Why did you suddenly come to see me to ask me about Rosè? Bro Jimin, are you interested in Rosè?"

His wedding was called off. His fiance has left him. How can he possibly have any interest in gossiping?

Park Jimin looked up and glanced at Bambam but didn't answer him.

They had been friends for years. Bambam knew what Park Jimin was thinking just by looking at his face. He lost his curiosity and tilted his head in contemplation before speaking. "You weren't a friend of Rosè in high school. I never saw you hanging out with her. Back then, you only wanted to join the military. You weren't interested in girls."

"How close could you possibly be with Rosè? If there had been any connection between the two of you back then, it might have been when you fought for her once in high school. Hmm... but it was not exactly for her. It was for Lisa or maybe Choi Jeongyeon."

Bambam was extremely uncomfortable thinking about the past, so he didn't go into details. "If greetings and small chats are considered 'close,' then I guess you were 'close' to her."

Bambam saw Park Jimin staring at him without talking. He thought Park Jimin was not believing him, so he raised his hand up to gesture as he exclaimed, "Bro Jimin, what I just told you is the absolute truth. My fiance and Rosè are best friends. If you had something with Rosè, my fiance would have known about it, and so would I."

Park Jimin looked away from Bambam. He leaned back in his chair for a while before getting up. As he walked away, he suddenly remembered something. He looked down at Bambam, still with a bottle in hand, and said, "Lisa Lim is not your fiance anymore."

What Park Jimin said was right. Bambam suddenly choked on his wine and had to bend over and cough strenuously.

Park Jimin took a step forward, and then remembered the bottle of wine he'd ordered. Knowing the price was beyond Bambam's means, he took out his cell phone and transferred the money to Bambam, whose face turned pale upon seeing the transaction on the screen. Finally ready to go, Park Jimin strode away.

...

If Bambam says Rosè Jang and I were not close in high school, it must be true that we weren't friends.

But why did I give her a nickname? Why did I write her anonymous letters?

Was I attracted to her but not interested in a relationship back then? Had I wanted to not lose touch with her?