CHAPTER 72

"Yes." Rosè Jang nodded. Then she thought of how puzzled she had been when she saw Park Jimin, so she asked him, "Why are you here?"

"You called me." Holding Rosè Jang 's hand, Park Jimin walked toward the doors of the studio.

"I did?" Rosè Jang frowned and turned around to look at Wang Momo, who was following her and Park Jimin, carrying her bag. Then she raised her eyes to look at Lin Sowon, who was sitting not far away from her. She was crying with resentment and grief in her agent's arms. Suddenly, Rosè Jang seemed to stumble, whispering, "Oh."

Park Jimin turned to her and asked gently, "What's up?"

"Nothing. Maybe the situation was a bit chaotic at that time, so my hand slipped." Rosè Jang answered Park Jimin in a soft tone, then pulled at the edge of her costume's skirt, and continued, "I have to remove my makeup and change clothes. Are you going to leave now, or—"

Before Rosè Jang finished her words, Park Jimin pointed to his car, saying, "I'll wait for you in the car."

Rosè Jang smiled gently and said, "Okay."

...

Back in her dressing room, Rosè Jang had a busy time and soon changed into Yoon Jane's daily appearance.

Seeing that she had cleaned up, Wang Momo took the lead to go to the dressing room's door. When she reached out and pulled the door handle, Rosè Jang, who hadn't moved from in front of the mirror, suddenly said, "Wang Momo."

Wang Momo stopped in the middle of opening the door and turned to look at her, not saying a word.

"Did the little assistant actually make a phone call in the bathroom and say what Lin Sowon said?" Staring into Wang Momo's eyes, Rosè Jang saw that she had covered up all her emotions. Then she continued, "Oh, no! She must have just pretended to call."

In the past two years, Yoon Jane had developed very quickly, and Lin Sowon had done no worse than her. One of her dramas had even surpassed the drama in which Yoon Jane had acted a leading role in the same period.

For Yoon Jane, Lin Sowon was a huge competitor. If she was a little careless, her title of "Number One Actress" in entertainment circles would be replaced by Lin Sowon.

Those who could climb to such a position weren't common. It would have been impossible for Lin Sowon to have a public conflict with Yoon Jane without any evidence...

At that time, she felt that there had been something off. She didn't figure it out until she had asked why Park Jimin was there. It seemed that Lin Sowon fell into a trap set by Wang Momo.

Thinking about this, Rosè Jang said in a firmer tone, "And the phone call to Park Jimin was made by you, right?

"All the things that happened this afternoon were directed by you, from beginning to end. Am I right?

"You wanted to pave the way for Yoon Jane's future career with Park Jimin's help, right?"

Wang Momo hadn't expected that Rosè Jang would see through her trick, so there was obvious amazement in her eyes. However, after all, she had been in these circles for so long that she quickly recovered and became calm as usual. Raising her eyebrows toward Rosè Jang, she still remained silent.

Despite Wang Momo quickly disguising her features, Rosè Jang saw the amazement that flashed through her eyes. Her speculation, which she had been ninety percent sure of at beginning, now became complete truth.

As she had guessed, Wang Momo regarded Park Jimin as a chess piece, a piece that both suppressed Lin Sowon and announced Yoon Jane's background.

In Rosè Jang's heart, there was suddenly annoyance that she couldn't pin down. "Wang Momo, you used Park Jimin for this. Don't you think you went too far?"