CHAPTER 91

After she had finished talking, she made sure there was nothing else she needed to pass along to Yoon Jane. "I'm done." She looked up at the desk in front of her and saw a large unsealed paper envelope with stacks of cash inside. "Is this my last payment?"

"Yes." Yoon Jane was shocked at how confidently Rosè Jang had handled everything after she entered the room. She hesitated for a moment before pushing the envelope in front of Rosè Jang and stating the total. "There's $20,000 in each stack. You can count it."

Rosè Jang picked up the envelope and responded, "Bye." She had no intention of staying any longer and turned around to walk to the door.

"Miss Jang, hold on a second."

Rosè Jang stopped, but she did not turn around. Instead, she laid her suitcase by the door and unzipped it. She took the money out of the envelope and started packing it.

Yoon Jane sat silently on the sofa. She took a smaller thick envelope out of her purse and passed it to Wang Momo, giving her a knowing look as she did.

Wang Momo nodded, took the envelope, and walked to Rosè Jang with her high heels clicking at every step. Looking down at her, she said distantly, "Take this, too. Jane wants you to have it. She appreciates your help. You did a good job without making any mistakes or letting anyone onto you. She hopes you will forget everything after you leave this room—like you never met Park Jimin."

Rosè Jang's hands trembled as she continued packing the money in her suitcase. She had only heard the last few words that Wang Momo said. She neither looked up at Wang Momo nor said a word to her.

"In addition," Wang Momo began carefully, "I'd wanted you to stay at Park Jimin's house in our initial agreement. We didn't think you would lose your virginity over it. Therefore, we would like to make it up to you with an additional payment."

Make it up?

Rosè Jang felt like someone had slapped her. She kept her head down as her face became pale and her hand gripped the money she was packing.

"No matter what, Jane and Park Jimin are legally married. They are a couple. Even though you had sex with Park Jimin, it had nothing to do with their commitment to each other. You were an extra in their marriage. You've been Jane's body double for many years, and she wants to make you feel good about the arrangement. You should know she is a nice woman, and because you're such a young lady she does not want to see you having had sex for no compensation."

Before Wang Momo finished, Rosè Jang zipped her suitcase and stood up.

She did not look at the envelope in Wang Momo's hand. In fact, she ignored her entirely and calmly counted out several bills she had not packed and handed them to Wang Momo. "You gave me $4,000 extra. Here you go."

Wang Momo stopped talking in midsentence.

Wang Momo was chattering about something, but she was suddenly frozen in place.

She moved her mouth, but before she could talk, Rosè Jang had already put the money in her hand. Then Rosè Jang pulled on her suitcase, turned around, and left the room.

If the money belonged to her, she would take it.

She wouldn't take a single penny that didn't belong to her.

At first, she had accepted Yoon Jane's proposal partly because of her father's gambling debt and partly because she had wanted to get closer to Park Jimin.

Regardless of the fact that she had fallen in love with Park Jimin eight years earlier or that she had slept with Park Jimin eight years later, she had done all of those things of her own will and for her own happiness.