Prologue

- WARNING! This book contains violence, graphic themes, strong language, sexual content, sensitive subjects, and other mature matters. Read at your own risk!

*You would have to read the first book to understand this one.* 

_________________________

I thought by now they would've given up on me. I thought they would've forgotten all about me. Three years is a long time, a long time indeed. Not being able to see the ones you love, and care about so deeply. It's like a hole has taken the place of where my heart used to be. Nothing but hurt and utter emptiness is what I've been feeling this whole entire time.

I've witnessed being all alone in a darkly lit room, and a single person cell, first hand. It's no fun having no one to keep you any company. All except those three annoying voices in my head. The voices that range from good, bad, and I don't care. The voices that make me act on what they're telling me to do. Just trying to shut them out, with my constant prayer to God.

With little to no visitors, and music- all except the occasional elevator tunes the hospital plays for the patients. All I hear is silence. That the difference between being in the asylum and prison. Somehow the warden of the prison, made it possible for me to be in the asylum two years, and be in prison one year and four months. If I had to choose where to be more... it would be neither, I would love to be at home.

I cry myself to sleep every single night. I don't result in harming myself, not that I would even try. That will only earn me three days in the patted room, with an hospital gown on. To be sedated under umpteenth amounts of general anesthesia. I know that, because I attempted to selfishly kill myself. Two days of going into this asylum. Not once, but on several different occasions since I've been in custody. My doctor and the warden of the prison saw some good in me, and they made a promise to me.

"Mr. Jason McCann, if you have good behavior, and not try to commit any acts of harm to yourself... your prison sentence will be three years and four months." The warden spoke to me, as I'm handcuffed to the hospital bed. "That's all lies." Was the only thing I said, yet to see it written on a legal document.

"Keep this paper, and this picture as a token of my promise." He walked out the room, closing and locking the room door.

I glanced down at the legal document in my hands, as well a looking at a picture of my friends and family. From this day forward, I'm promising to move forward with my life. Malarie will never know of my death attempts, if I have to go to my grave with it on my chest.

Three years to go, future here I come.

__________________________

- Hi! Long time no speak! The Prologue of 'Salubrious' is finally up! I hope you enjoyed reading the opening, and continue to read! 'Neurotic' was such a successful book. Why not let this one be as well.

- This story IS copyrighted, so please do not waste your time trying to plagiarize. It will only make me feel upset and saddened. And I wouldn't want to take lawful measures for your unthoughtful choices. Come up with your own idea like I did, I will be more than happy to read it.

Copyright © 2015 Alexis W.
All Rights Reserved.

Published & Started: August 11, 2015

Finished & Ended: September 2, 2017

- Alexis -