Chapter 26

Jason's POV

Next day: Sunday

"Come on Alex, it's my turn to get in! You're going to take all the hot water, just like you always do!" I bang on the bathroom door, wanting to take my shower, already. "Fuck off!" He shouts back, making me pissed to the fullest.

"Dude, just come out before I break the damn door down! I am very capable, and you know I am." Shouting, I bang on the bathroom door some more. "Jason, seriously leave me the fuck alone! Take your damn medicine, because clearly you haven't!" Alex yells at the top his lungs, seeming to be frustrated with me.

Grumbling to myself, I take a seat on the bed, digging into my backpack to pull out my pill bottles. Feeling angrier than ever, I quickly take my Bipolar medicine first. Followed by the rest of my psychiatric medicine. I lay back against the pillows, wanting to be as relax and calm as possible. I'm surprised Jake is still sleep- even through the constant back and forth yells between Alex and I. I decide to call my Mrs. this morning, seeing as she waited to late last night to text me back. I think she did it on purpose, because she loves her phone... and she's on it ninety percent of the time. The other ten percent is devoted to me or the children. The phone rings and rings, making me a little irritated. I take a deep breath, understanding that she is a little handicap and can't get to the phone quickly. But, she still doesn't answer, only making me grow agitated.

"Fuck, pills start kicking in." I whisper to myself, tapping my thigh as I hold the phone against my ear. "I'll beat you up." Jacob mumbles, causing me to turn to him questioning. He's just sleep talking again, no big deal.

I hang up the phone, redialing her number again, this time being in fact mad at her lack of answering me. I'm growing a bit suspicious as to why she doesn't answer my calls or texts on time. I just about had it, and almost hang up... but her voice stops me.

"Hello." Her voice sounds groggy, and sleepy like. "Hello, good morning." I respond too loudly, causing her to screech.

"Shh Jase, you're too loud." I roll my eyes at her sensitive little ears. "Why did it take you so long to answer the phone?" I cut right to the chase, wanting an explanation.

"I was sleeping, Jason. But Cal was sleeping on my phone so I didn't hear it until he rolled over in his sleep." She yawns, making me nod in understanding. But, my ears perk up to the sound of him 'sleeping on her phone'... possibly in our bed?! "Seriously, Malarie? Is Cal sleeping in our bed, on my side!" I grit, clutching the phone tighter to my ear.

"Yes he's sleeping in our bed, but not on your side. I'm sleeping on your side, because respect, you know?" She talks as if her male best friend sleeping in our bed is okay. "Hell no that's not respect, if anything it's disrespectful!" I raise my voice up another octave, hearing her let out a prolonged sigh.

"How is it disrespectful when I let him sleep on my side instead of yours?" She sounds nothing but ignorant right now, and it's not making me happy at all. "It's disrespectful, because another motherfucking man is in our bed with you! I don't care if he's your best friend, gay, bisexual, straight, green, blue, purple, or special needs! He's still a man in our bed!" It stays quiet on the line, nothing but her calms breaths making sound, along with my erratic breathing.

"Okay." That's all she says, making that damn sigh noise again. "Just okay?" A slight growl comes within me, at her annoying one word answer.

"Yes Jason, okay." I can hear the rise of an attitude coming over her voice. "You're unbelievable, you know that?" A shout makes its way out my mouth, making our sleeping son jump next to me. I pat his back, assuring him he's fine. "I'm unbelievable because I said 'okay'? What else do you want me to say, what do you want me to do, Jason!?" Her voice rises with mine, only making me feel as I need to raise my own louder.